Egg bound???

Kara123

My veiled chameleon layed 10 eggs last night but looking at her I think she might be egg bound. Can someone please let me know if she looks like she is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 255
Yes, she needs a vet ASAP!
I called the vet and she was telling me that it could take a couple weeks up to a month for her to fully lay all of them. Do you agree? I am going today to get all the stuff I need for a laying bin. Any recommendations though?

There are alot more eggs inside of her if she only laid 10 and stopped she WONT go back and lay the rest on her own. She needs a vet asap or she will slowly die. Sad bud honest truth.

They gave her a couple shots and told me to set up a laying bin for her now and hopefully she’ll lay the rest. The vet said she was most likely too weak before and needed a break after laying the 10.

Attachments

• FD616DBF-4E1C-4362-8910-BA8F786B60BF.jpeg
    FD616DBF-4E1C-4362-8910-BA8F786B60BF.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 208
I agree with above, egg laying should be done in one push, did you go to a different vet?
yes this was a different vet than the one that said I should wait a month. I asked if this vet dealed with a lot of chameleons and she said yes. So I’m just hoping she is right, I’m really worried about my Emerald

yes this was a different vet than the one that said I should wait a month. I asked if this vet dealed with a lot of chameleons and she said yes. So I’m just hoping she is right, I’m really worried about my Emerald
you're doing the right thing, don't be too worried, maybe the vet may know something we don't.

Keep her hydrated. She looks a bit dehydrated in the first photo. Increase misting for the time being. After you get a laying bin set up keep the enclosure covered with a blanket or put the enclosure in a quiet and isolated room. Some chameleons may not lay eggs if they feel like they are being watched.

Good job on getting her to a vet. Kind of ridiculous that the first vet gave you wrong information instead of just admitting they dont know for sure... Never heard of an animal taking a month to lay a whole clutch....

I could be wrong but there have been cases of the cham doing a couple sessions but I think its like the next day. @Brodybreaux25 would be able to answer this. I don't think it takes a month. What kind of vet wants to shuffle you off like that with little info. Is that the only exotic vet near you?

Keep her hydrated. She looks a bit dehydrated in the first photo. Increase misting for the time being. After you get a laying bin set up keep the enclosure covered with a blanket or put the enclosure in a quiet and isolated room. Some chameleons may not lay eggs if they feel like they are being watched.

Good job on getting her to a vet. Kind of ridiculous that the first vet gave you wrong information instead of just admitting they dont know for sure... Never heard of an animal taking a month to lay a whole clutch....
She’s in a isolated room now but her cage isn’t covered, I will do that though. Since yesterday she hasn’t went down to the dirt. On the way back from the vet yesterday she did poop and ended up pushing 2 eggs out I think on accident.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom