128.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 73AB382B-0DE4-4B4C-B1BA-729F0D354C2E.jpeg
    73AB382B-0DE4-4B4C-B1BA-729F0D354C2E.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 134
  • A2522650-EBD7-4BA3-B861-E6CAE967DF48.jpeg
    A2522650-EBD7-4BA3-B861-E6CAE967DF48.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 134
I’m googling sticky tongue

which product? Is it an every feeding dust? Amazon, or straight from the source?

D3 levels of popular powders:

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Flukers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 8,000 IU/lb

I dont have the time right now to convert kg to lbs, but just pretend that the 8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 iu/kg

I fear OP is another case of using UVI 3.0 or higher, and still using D3 suppliments. This is the 4-5th case of edema i remember this year. What seems to be in common is using a 12%/10.0 or higher, and the "normal" d3 supplement schedule. I have not seen an edema case posted with the T5HO 6%/5.0 yet.

I got nothin'. Sorry K, looks like your going to need that vet appointment tomorrow.

Personally, if she were mine, I wouldn't be taking her to the vet over one slightly swollen arm. I do see the swelling, your right for being a bit concerned. But females are known for sudden bouts of swelling/edema in the forward sections of the body only for it to resolve itself in a couple of days.

I'm not discouraging you from going, keep your appointment, just wanted to say that it is not at all uncommon.

Okay ladies and gents, she’s going to the vet tomorrow just to be safe. My problem with sticky tongue farms products is availability in Canada. Anybody using earth pro a?

Hello! humm from what it can be you can ask your vet for blood test, I might be concern with uric acid for the moment. try tu cut the Dubia and to increase silkworm for some weeks? (natural composition of silk can help with inflammation and stuff like that). I think she got enough UVB to let you use the NoD version! :) (repay super load also contain small D3 amount)

Okay ladies and gents, she’s going to the vet tomorrow just to be safe. My problem with sticky tongue farms products is availability in Canada. Anybody using earth pro a?

You could message them on facebook. The could do a 1 off phone order or something, they are pretty laid back.

I have... But it got really involved because they do theirs on an 8 feed cycle. You literally have to track it on a calendar. This is what John Courtney-Smith emailed me back for how to use the supplements. Honestly the whole system confused me. Because he told me it does not have Vit A but on the package of EP-A it says provides high levels of vitamin A. Also when it was explained to me I was told that EpA was more of the vitamin and the Ca Mg was more of the calcium without D3. So I also did not understand the idea of barely giving the CaMg. So like I said I was over not really knowing what I was giving and switched to the repashy. You could reach out via email and ask him questions. Maybe you would understand his feedback better then I did lol.

EP-A on feeding 1,2,3.
Ca-Mg on feed 4.
EP-A on 5,6,7
Then feeding 8 you give a vitamin A supplement.

Then the cycle starts over again. EP-A is their vitamin

https://www.arcadiareptile.com/earthpro/supplements/earthpro-a/
https://www.arcadiareptile.com/earthpro/supplements/calciumpro-mg/

I use Arcadia earth Pro A, if youre looking for a supplier reptilesrus has it for a fairly good price and pretty fast shipping. Could very well be edema which is easily curable. Hopefully its not gout. Would go very lightly on supplementaion for the next little bit and cut roaches out of the diet incase it is a uric acid related ilness.

My personal routine, and this is for my 1yr old male panthers, and Leopard Gecko has always been Exoterra Calcium or Repashy Calcium NoD 2x or 3x per week. I swap the calcium weekly just for a change. Sometimes I'll add bee pollen to the calcium dusting as well. On Friday or Saturday depending on week I do a 3 week rotation of Herptivite (contains low levels of phosphorus and magnesium though) , Repashy VitA Plus (5 of 10 feeders only), Exoterra Calcium + D3. I use single reflector T5HO 6% but they were on 5.0s as young adults. I don't have a solar meter so I make different levels under the bulb from 8-36". I have not experienced any edema from any of my animals. I normally feed crickets and dubias as stables with a single silk and super as treats 2-3x a week.only seen edema once in my male Gargoyle Gecko feeding on Pangea only. The edema quickly corrected itself though.

Back
Top Bottom