ebola

Heard what they are planning for the airport but the planes will still be doing the fast turn around without a complete "sterilization" and although they will be isolating anyone with a fever or signs of it there is nothing effective in place to deal with them once they're isolated. There was more too...but I don't remember the details. It was in an interview last night on he news.

A new case in Dallas was confirmed yesterday according to the New York Times.
A nurse, attending to the man who died several days ago, is the first person to catch the virus within the US.

More Ebola cases possible among health workers who cared for Dallas patient
Ebola

A nurse who contracted Ebola after caring for the first patient diagnosed with the virus in the U.S. is in stable condition, but her colleagues at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas could have also become infected, said the director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday

Great.

Gawd...with all the information supposedly about how difficult this virus is to get floating on the airwaves it sure does seem to spread. I know this is probably a narrow-minded harsh viewpoint, but IMHO, control attempts might just try restricting international travel a teensy bit more. Inconvenience be dam**d. If you've been to the outbreak areas, treated patients, been in close proximity to patients or handled materials used during treatment, you cannot cross an international border for 21 days. PERIOD. I do not care who you are...a careworker, a patient's relative, a reporter, a relief organisation official, a tourist, a business person, no one. When you decide to visit an affected country you must sign a legally enforceable agreement that you will comply with a 21 day quarantine before departure. You can stay at a hotel, a private home, camping outdoors, whatever you wish, but you will be STAYING for 21 days from the date of your exposure. Scanning people's foreheads for fevers in airports seems feeble, too little too late, and there are too many mistakes being made. I think the education, training, preparations, and response by US medical facilities and the CDC has been abysmal.

Last edited:
Nurse in Dallas, who is said to have tested positive for the virus, after contacting it from the man who died last Wednesday, they say she was made to wait with the other patients in the hospital ER. Possibly exposing several people around her. She was made to wait for several hours in the ER waiting room :eek:

New from CNN:

"A second health care worker who cared for an Ebola patient at a Dallas hospital has contracted the virus herself.

The worker, a woman who lives alone, was quickly moved into isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, authorities said Wednesday.

The news cast further doubt on the hospital's ability to handle Ebola and protect employees. It's the same hospital that initially sent Thomas Eric Duncan home, even though he had a fever and had traveled from West Africa. By the time he returned to the hospital, his symptoms had worsened. He died while being treated by medical staff, including the two women who have now contracted the disease."

Hard to believe there would be anybody going to that ER, let alone so many that a contagious patient who works there would have to wait hours!:confused:

Wasnt it just a few weeks ago when a CDC official said it would be extremly unlikly for anyone inside the US from catching Ebola virus?

Why dont they BAN all flights into and receiving from the effected African countries?

Got important business there, too bad! ever hear of telecon??

I was just saying to my Mom yesterday that when there are epidemics like this, they should just stop all flights. Period. To me it seems like people are choosing convenience over common sense....I completely agree with you Psychobunny!

I think most people outside of the tip top of the government would like flights to stop coming out of those countries. But the heads of our government don't seem to be able to understand that you can stop flights coming out while still allowing aid in. That is their argument against- that people need to get in to help so flights can't be cut off. Go figure. They will wait until there are outbreaks all over the western world before cutting off flights probably. :confused:

I think most people outside of the tip top of the government would like flights to stop coming out of those countries. But the heads of our government don't seem to be able to understand that you can stop flights coming out while still allowing aid in. That is their argument against- that people need to get in to help so flights can't be cut off. Go figure. They will wait until there are outbreaks all over the western world before cutting off flights probably. :confused:

And then we have those "privileged" individuals who feel they don't need to abide by any protocols...such as the news correspondent who broke quarantine to go out for fast food. Now one of the nurses diagnosed with ebola in TX decided to hop on a Frontier flight somewhere during the incubation period. Just how smart was that? You stop the spread of disease by stopping movement of people symptomatic or not. How hard it that to get through a thick skull?

Of course they can, they can ban all commercial flights and only allow millitary ones, it's been done many times before, anyone remember 911?

I think it's arrogance on the part of the US; 'we are America! the most advanced country in the world', nothing can happen here!!! We know all about Ebola!! LOL!! I think the CDC has already demonstrated that this is not so!!!!

Meanwhile, numbnuts Obama boasts kissing and hugging nurses who treated Ebola patience after being told by Secret Service, it was okay!! :eek: :confused:

I dont think the US is taking this serious at all. In typical US fashion, they will wait until a few thousand Americans die before doing anything worthwhile.

Last edited:
Anyone know anyone in Purdon Texas who can confirm this? :eek::eek:

The small town of Purdon, Texas has been quarantined after a family of five tested positive for the Ebola virus.
Purdon is located just 70 miles from Dallas, Texas, and the hospital that has cared for both American Ebola patients, Thomas Eric Duncan, and Texas nurse, Nina Pham.

The CDC wasted no time sealing up the rest of the town’s denizens, and has stopped all traffic entering and exiting Purdon, TX. As of 10 Pm, Oct. 13th area has been surrounded with police and CDC officials. Communications with the locals seems to have been cut off, and press is currently awaiting an official statement from local authorities.

Relax! It's a bogus report. Purdon has not been quarantined. There is no family of five with Ebola. Cheap tactic to incite panic.

Really, the fakest part of that whole thing is that the CDC was actually doing anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom