Eating problems solved?

ReptilexLover

I have one question: i foreced my pygmy to eat, but then he started to drink again, and she has not been eating or drinking for a few days.Is this problem solved?

I have one question: i foreced my pygmy to eat, but then he started to drink again, and she has not been eating or drinking for a few days.Is this problem solved?

Do you have one or two pygmies. You said he, than she. Are you dumping the food in the enclosure? Or are you cup feeding?

I looked for this thread when I saw your post in the feeder forum.

According to your post you got the brev on the 4th and you said you haven't seen him eat yet. Has it eaten anything in the last 2 weeks?

Can you possibly fill out this form...

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Can you post a picture or two of the enclosure it's in? Also, have you gone through the pygmies section in the enclosures and supplies section? There's a ton on information in there.

to answer all you questions:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Bearded pygmy chameleon,female,age unkown, its been in my care about 2 1/2 weeks today.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
as said in other forum-i did handle it daily for the first four dyas of owning it;found out it might hurt and stopped.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Im feeding my cham crickets and meal worms; im currently only putting them in but im going to start cup feeding.im going to buy vitamins shortly.im feeding my crickets & meal worms various vegetables.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
as said before-i only just found out about dutsin im goin to the store to buy vitamins & such
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I use a mister about 5 times a day.nowi see my chameleon drinking.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
urate-white and normal consistency, She has not been tested while in our care YET
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
She was bought in a pet stor ein cave city, kentucky.no previous injuries.none yet; either.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?)
My cage is a glass screen combo.
Lighting - What model and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
currently i haven't gone to the store to buy another bulb, so im using a normal light bulb and keep it on from 12pm-4pm and 6pm-8pm
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
the lowest it gets at night is 65 degrees, during the day it says around 72-78 degrees.in its basking spot its around 78 degress, to normal its low 70's
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
as i said in the other thread;im saving my money and am going to the store after christmas and buying live plants; im currently only using fakes
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
My cage is located on a cabinet, in a no traffic area;its near a fan for ventilation.the top of my cage sitting on the floor is about 2 ft tall
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Park city, kentucky
Current Problem - i had to open my cham's jaws, and i placed half a meal worm in its mouth;it then ate;and this was the first time it at in 3 days.after i placedit in its terrarium again; it begandrinking afterit hasn't for a little while.it was a dark color,then started turning light again; it startedmoving around after bieng sluggish- did the force feeding solve my problem?

and im also terribly sorry but my camera is currently broken. :( i was fiddling with it trying to get it on black & white mode which led to me accidently dropping it in water.oops! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom