Eating Dubia's

Oh hahaha, I'm sorry... yours doesn't? Bummer! Well, O is a piggie and eats anything that wiggles lol

Since I introduced Dubia's, Sherman snubs his nose at crickets. He eats them when he's hungry enough. I have been finding Dubia's much easier to care for and maintain than even crickets. I should have had my camera out, I caught him eating Dubia's upside down. They are silly little things at times...

Love the video!

I hear veileds aren't as picky as panthers :( . @broderp do you cup feed your dubias or free roam them? All of my panthers would rather have crickets sadly. Roaches are so easy to breed too, if I could I'd just cut crickets out due to their increased parasite chance and being a pain to breed.

I'm raising dubias now but lobsters were even easier. Needed a Vaseline barrier though. My lobsters lived on maple leaves for 3 seasons and seemed to multiply twice as fast. My dubias have no interest in leaves.

I read that green banana roaches will entice finicky eaters but they fly if I remember correctly. I'd rather have them flying around than crickets stinking up the place.

Edit: just watched a video... they flutter more than fly. Might want to try them if they won't eat dubias.

My Clay absolutely loves dubia and I'm trying to get him to eat red goblins and pallids as well. I used to lead him about 5 feet from his perch onto a free range rope just by holding one and moving my hand.

My girl panther comes running as soon as she sees pretty much any bug. This past weekend she was in her outdoor wire cage and actually shot her tongue through the cage to snag a roach before I could get it to her :D

Dubias are still an iffy proposition with my boy panther, though.

Back
Top Bottom