eat bananas? lol

pr3mo15

Hey, I'm just curious...If i leave crickets in a bowl with a little banana for them to eat will he eat it? Should I not do it?...Or will he just not eat it?

A 4month old male panther chameleon that is.

It's not a big deal if he does, and banana's actually helpful in the aid of calcium absorption/retention.

I used to feed my female veiled grapes and she loved them.

How is your little guy taking to cup eating? Mine does not seem fond at all so far. I want him to get somewhat used to it so I can utilize both options.

Hes loving it...I usually put a bug on the branch hes on infront of him...He usually scopes it out and picks him off...And after that i put the bowl in next to him...and sometimes he goes over to the bowl within 20seconds....others maybe a minute or two... I think he doesn't mind it at all

How is your little guy taking to cup eating? Mine does not seem fond at all so far. I want him to get somewhat used to it so I can utilize both options.

i'll tell you a bit on how I train them.
but, i am sleepy now. maybe tomorrow or so.
It'll take a while. but, he'll recognize the cup later.

I found that my veiled had difficulty when the cup was a clear plastic, and got very confused. Now we use a green pudding bowl (which the locusts jump straight out of but the crickets stay in). We started off putting loads of crickets in there, so it was easy to see all the movement and catch his attention. He quite likes it as he knows where his food is and just wanders over when he fancies a snack. It stays in until about an hour before his lights go out.

Back
Top Bottom