Dying Chameleon :(

ForrestJungle

Well today I sold a female veiled and decided to also go get some supplies to fix up my males cage. I was gone about an hour and a half, when I came home I looked in my males cage. I couldn't find him, my wife came in and helped me, I backed up and looked on the ground. There he was. :( I picked him up and he had puncture wounds all over. My cat had some how snuck in the house and got in his cage! I feel horrible! I went to get things for his cage to fix it so this would not happen!!! He is now at my local animal hospital awaiting surgery! I can't believe I let this happen!!!!!:(

ugh cats

oh man, sorry this happened to you, i hope your little guy makes it. Cats are the devil. =\

Wow this is why I am afraid of my cat.. I always close the door when I leave because I'm afraid she might try and kill monty. She always seems to ignore him, but she definitely knows he's there.

I hope your little guy pulls through :(

Oh, how horrifying for you! We're planning for a chameleon--have an enclosure, have a base built for it, have plants . . . and are planning to put it in a bathroom-to-be in order to help maintain humidity.

Now I'll be planning to use something to keep the doors LOCKED!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your guy!

Sandy

I so hope he pulls through. That is very tragic. We have had several members on here lose chameleons to cat attacks.

I just got the phone call I had been dreading :( Chip has passed! :'( there is no one to blame but myself!!! Blah!!! And I have another chameleon coming in because of a trade I I don't feel like a deserve it!!

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. You must feel devastated . . .

I really appreciate your willingness to share your experience here, as it serves as an excellent example of why we need to think of all possibilities, especially when we have other animals. I, too, have cats, so this could easily happen to me in the future if I didn't have your experience from which to learn.

I am sure it must have been difficult to share this. My heart goes out to you as you grieve your loss.

Sandy

awe poor Chip. That is awful. Unfortunately we have to learn lessons from tragedy sometimes. We all make mistakes. My dog got ahold of my bird once and I am lucky that she survived.

Oh man thats terrible. Just remember its not your fault. S*** just happens sometimes. I recently lost my female veiled after she became eggbound. I beat myself up over the "shoulda, coulda, wouldas". Dont do it! Your a good keeper. I can tell by what I have read in the past. Good luck and best wishes

Forest I am sorry I had to hang up. There was nothing to do except take him to the vet.ni am in Seattle between flights but my phone is dead.mi am on my IPad. I am really sorry you lost your Cham, all you can do now is make sure you are. Ready for the male on the way. If your cat has even a chance of getting near your Cham have a cage inside a cage so the cat can never get to your Cham.

Sorry you lost Chip.

Sorry to see this happen. As stated earlier, sometimes we learn through tragic events. Chin up and keep on keepin' on.

Dam dude, that sux. Don't let this discourage you. Learn from your mistakes and move on. These creatures are amazing and we all deserve to take part in observing their splendor. Best of luck with your next one!

~Ben

Thank you all for the encouraging words! I am not going to give up. This male Jackson that is coming in will have the best most safe home. All day I have been making sure that this cage is cat proof!!!! :) I have learned from this. I am sad, but happy that he is no longer in pain. Thanks again guys.

Wow! You knew exactly which season, episode and minute?!? You're good!

Yeah, lmao. I am only that way with Spongebob and That 70's Show. You should def watch That 70's Show. It's my fav of all time. All seasons are on netfilx if you have it. So sad that there's only 200 episodes...

Back
Top Bottom