Dwayne is gone I think any ideas?

boondyke69

Established Member
I came home today & found Dwayne lying on the bottom of his habitat, partly in the water from the dripper. he has been eating less this week as he has been shedding.
I was going to take him to the vet tomorrow if he didn't eat today when I got home. He ate one green banana roach on Thursday.
His tongue is partway out & he has a little crusty poop around his vent. He has been a little off this week but I figured he was uncomfortable from the shed.
I can't tell if he is breathing (maybe I am just hoping he will be ok)

Sorry he is dieing. If he is still breathing shut off the lights and cover his cage.

Awe this is so sad. I'm so very sorry as I know it hurts to watch them like this.

Ataraxia does this help chams to have comfort was they pass while they are covered?

Awe this is so sad. I'm so very sorry as I know it hurts to watch them like this.

Ataraxia does this help chams to have comfort was they pass while they are covered?

If euthanasia is not an option. I would think it is the most peaceful way to let them go in captivity. No distractions, no eyes peering in, etc..

NO, not freezer! Medicine teaches us that this is a super painful way to go, probably is the same way for reptiles. Just let him go naturally if you can't get to a vet to euthanize.

I am so sorry that he seems to be dying. I know how heart breaking it is to watch them go.

Dwayne is gone

Thanks for all the kind words.
I feel so helpless, I put him inside my shirt to keep him warm but I know now he was gone but it had been recent...i just wish I had known, I would have done something, but I figured he was uncomfortable from shedding & his appetite would return. he was so small force feeding him was not really an option without stressing him out. I shoudl have I suppose ... he was such a great cham... I miss him already:(

Ataraxia thank you for explaining. Yes I can see were this could be helpful bring comfort to a pet if euthanasia is not an option.

Boondyke69 sometimes we don't realize that something is wrong until it is too late. Even if he was already gone... it shows how much love you felt to hold him close to you. Please know my heart goes out to you during this very painful time.

im so sorry for your loss. it sounnds like you really love that little guy alot of the time they do not let us know they are sick until its too late.. my condolences

crossed the rainbow bridge

Thank you all for the kind words & support.
Dwyane didn't make it to Monday to go to the vet.

He was such a great little guy, I will always use his personality as a benchmark for any chams I meet in the future.

Bye Buddy:(

My deepest condolences.
I've been there myself and I know the feeling of helplessness.
You did all you could do (sorry for my poor English), but it is never easy to see a love one fade away - but I'm sure you beloved cham always will be with you in your spirit and heart.
RIP

Back
Top Bottom