Dusting

Instead of using 3 supplements for dusting is there a brand where there is all 3 supplements in one bottle ?
This question involves not just your choice in supplements, but your uvb exposure, insect feeding regime, species of chameleon, temperature and other such factors. For instance, a tried and tested supplementation regime for panthers involves using repashy calcium plus at every feeding, coupled with relatively low uvb (t8 5.0). However, such a regime would not, in my opinion, be suitable for a Jackson’s chameleon kept outdoors. Similarly, if your Cham has access to uvi 4 for most of the day, then using any d3 might be unnecessary. Or, if you’re gutloading with eg repashy superload, which has both d3 and preformed A, then your dusting regime ought to reflect that as well.

So, the answer here is that there are several brands of all-in-one supplements, the suitability of any one of which will depend on the other factors I mention. I don’t want to muddy the waters here, but as with anything chameleon related, supplementation is not a stand alone facet of husbandry.

Also if you mix vitamins and minerals together, they oxidize each other and go stale in a year or less. I generally have a jar of vitamins and a jar of minerals. On the other hand i would do an all in one if i could use an entire bottle in say six months.

There are but you should. For example D3 should be use once a month(depending on the species). You don´t want that on the same supplement you use everytime.
There are, but explanations have been given why it's not a good idea.

If keeping the schedule straight is the problem, maybe this will help...

Pick a day of the week. I use Sunday because that's when I do most of the reptile cleaning & maint. chores. On a wall calendar, mark alternate Sundays (or whatever day you choose) with either a V (Vitamins) or D3 (Calcium w/ D3). I mark the entire calendar ahead so I don't forget or confuse which supplement to use as the months progress.

On Sundays, dust with what's on the calendar. Every other day, dust with Calcium w/o D3. :)

There are, but explanations have been given why it's not a good idea.

If keeping the schedule straight is the problem, maybe this will help...

Pick a day of the week. I use Sunday because that's when I do most of the reptile cleaning & maint. chores. On a wall calendar, mark alternate Sundays (or whatever day you choose) with either a V (Vitamins) or D3 (Calcium w/ D3). I mark the entire calendar ahead so I don't forget or confuse which supplement to use as the months progress.

On Sundays, dust with what's on the calendar. Every other day, dust with Calcium w/o D3. :)
then it´s the same as just NOT having one supplement with everything that you use each supplementing time.

My schedule is regular Calcium for five days then on the sixth day I use calcium with D3 then go back to the regular schedule for five days with the regular calcium then on the sixth day I use herptivite then I repeat the cycle

If you have a panther/veiled/species that uses this schedule, where you give the phosphorus-free calcium without D3 daily and phosphorus-free calcium with D3 and a multivitamin every two weeks, make sure your multivitamin does not have D3 in it (and preferably preformed Vit. A in it, as well).

Edit: sorry, I just saw your post above, that schedule is perfect for a panther or veiled if that is what you’re getting. I will say that a multivitamin with preformed Vit. A is better for those two species, so something like Zoo Med Reptivite Without D3, that has that, will work, too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom