Dusting

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
My veiled loves greens and vegies. Would it be benificial to dust them with supplements as with his regular feeders or just leave them raw?
There are days when he will not eat his staples but will snatch some red bell pepper,apple,cucumber,dandelion and others pinned to his viv.
Your thoughts?

I never have with chameleons. We dust the insects with calcium to make up for the poor ratio of calcium to phos. so...if the veggies and greens you're choosing are high in phos then it might be a good thing to do....but only with the calcium. I'd be careful with the D3 and vitamins.

Most people sprinkle powder on veggies as well. Please note that the jury is still out on whether Veilds really need to ingest plant matter to stay healthy. They are insectivores before anything else. However with that being said I know many keepers still feed their Veilds plant matter. I never did when I kept my male veiled though and I know plenty whom do not. They're not like Bearded Dragons for instance which are in fact omnivores.

Most people sprinkle powder on veggies as well. Please note that the jury is still out on whether Veilds really need to ingest plant matter to stay healthy. They are insectivores before anything else. However with that being said I know many keepers still feed their Veilds plant matter. I never did when I kept my male veiled though and I know plenty whom do not. They're not like Bearded Dragons for instance which are in fact omnivores.
My girl ate a couple leaves off a plant before I started using hornworms as a hydration feeder. Since then she has not touched anything that’s not an insect. Not sure if there is any relation.

Back
Top Bottom