Dusting Dubias?

rummbo

I am considering using dubias as my panther's main diet. Can anyone tell me if you dust supplement on them? I find the powder dont stick to the dubias as well. Maybe I should mist the dubias before dusting?

I am considering using dubias as my panther's main diet. Can anyone tell me if you dust supplement on them? I find the powder dont stick to the dubias as well. Maybe I should mist the dubias before dusting?

Actually, I have much better luck dusting dubia's than I do dusting crickets. After a while, crickets always find a way to clean all the dust off of them. Dubia's pretty well have traces of dust on them until the shed their skin.

I don't must them either. I just toss them in my Rep-Cal Cricket Shaker (Here's the link - http://www.petco.com/product/112284/Rep-Cal-Cricket-Shaker.aspx ), give them a good coat of Repashy's vitamins, feed them away!

Dubia's are a fantastic choice for food items. Start a colony - you'll never regret it!

Instead of buying a dusting cup, I like to just go to Fred Myers (or any store with a deli) and get their largest cup w/ lid (it's free!). I only use the lid if the crickets are feeling super jumpy though. :D

Instead of buying a dusting cup, I like to just go to Fred Myers (or any store with a deli) and get their largest cup w/ lid (it's free!). I only use the lid if the crickets are feeling super jumpy though. :D

The reason I prefer the dusting cup is because it catches all the excess vitimans that are not used and saves them for the next dusting. It makes vitimans last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom