Dubia

voodoochild863

Hello all,
I'm in FL and I really need a few Dubias to start a colony. Was hoping to meet someone at an upcoming show but mail works too. PM me to work out the details. Thanks a million!

Unfortunately, Dubias are actually illegal to keep in Florida. I recommend you try discoid roaches, as they are permitted in FL.

I was hoping to do an under the table transaction. I know there are people in FL that keep them.

I would have no problem giving you some Dubia as I have far too many for justy one cham. however, I do not want to go to jail.

Also, I live in nebraska lolz. Sorry to be a troll, but you should js it get discoids since those are actually legal.

I was hoping to do an under the table transaction. I know there are people in FL that keep them.

You could both end up in serious legal trouble and expense.

Dubia aren't magical. They are no better than discoids which are legal- they are very similar insects and both make excellent feeders, both have simliar body size, both do not climb smooth surfaces, both have the same care and breeding, both have the same diet, and both reproduce at similar rates.

Honestly, other than word of mouth making dubia more popular after enough people tried them as their first feeder roach and liked them, there is no reason dubia are so popular. If the coin had flipped tails instad of heads, and that first enthusiastic user of mid-sized non-climbing roaches had picked discoids and then started recommending them all over the internet and started the chain reaction with discoids instead of dubia, discoids would be the "popular" roach. There really isn't that much difference between the two species.

Don't do something stupid for no good reason- get discoids.

That's good to know. I've only ever used dubia. I figured who's going to be digging in a bin in my garage that would be up on roach laws. But if discoid are just as good then I'll give them a shot.

Dubia aren't magical. They are no better than discoids which are legal- they are very similar insects and both make excellent feeders, both have simliar body size, both do not climb smooth surfaces, both have the same care and breeding, both have the same diet, and both reproduce at similar rates.

Honestly, other than word of mouth making dubia more popular after enough people tried them as their first feeder roach and liked them, there is no reason dubia are so popular. If the coin had flipped tails instad of heads, and that first enthusiastic user of mid-sized non-climbing roaches had picked discoids and then started recommending them all over the internet and started the chain reaction with discoids instead of dubia, discoids would be the "popular" roach. There really isn't that much difference between the two species.

Honestly, I wish discoids had become the popular roach. Then, they would be easier to get a hold of! My guy couldn't care less about Dubias, but he was willing to eat a few discoids when I tried them.

I actually sell dubias at my website discountdubias.com, but I've got to agree with other posters; you are unlikely to get caught but the fines can be pretty substantial. I wish I could ship to Florida, but you've got to respect that they are trying to preserve their state.

I'm in fl and raise discoids they work very well, there is a vendor that goes to all the repti cons and sells starter kits for them. Pretty sure I paid 20-30 dollars and it only took about a month for the colony to be producing enough to feed.

It's not a flip of the coin one id's chosen over the other. Most of the countries temps are ill suited for dubia to breed on their own, particularly in a home. The fact that they will die off on there own is a huge plus when considering bringing them into your home.

I sell Discoids, look at my ad "Feeders and fun insects to culture" in the Feeders classified section.

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom