Dubia Roaches

Mushy

Hello, I picked up two adult dubia's last night in hopes to get a roach colony up and going for my cham in the near future, does anybody have some recommendations as to what is good to gut-load these roaches w? thank you in advance

HI, there! You definitely going to need more females. Now my recommendation is 5 females to every one male. You're going to need a bin for them, egg crates or something similar so they can hide in and you'll need to keep the temperature up at 90 degrees all the time.

Hello, I picked up two adult dubia's last night in hopes to get a roach colony up and going for my cham in the near future, does anybody have some recommendations as to what is good to gut-load these roaches w? thank you in advance
Not to burst your bubble, but starting out with 2 is going to take some time.

I don't know what you have in the us but buy a box or whatever to feed your cham and sort it from there. Then sex them this is usually easy the males are larger sometimes arrogant drink too much beer and only interested in the football score

I don't know what you have in the us but buy a box or whatever to feed your cham and sort it from there. Then sex them this is usually easy the males are larger sometimes arrogant drink too much beer and only interested in the football score
Do you mean “football” or “soccer”? Just razzin’ ya’, mate!

Haha, I figured I would need more than just the two but they were the only two available roaches in the store at the time so I will definitely go and get more. Like @Flick boy mentioned, do i sex the roaches by the sizes, or are there visible differences on body parts between M/F?

Haha, I figured I would need more than just the two but they were the only two available roaches in the store at the time so I will definitely go and get more. Like @Flick boy mentioned, do i sex the roaches by the sizes, or are there visible differences on body parts between M/F?
Adult males have full wings, adult female don’t.

I gut load all of my feeders a mix of mangos, sweet potatoes, blueberries, escarole leaves, and carrots. I like to vary what I gut load them since my chameleon will be eating them lol.

Back
Top Bottom