Dubia Roaches

Hello all,

Just got my shipment of roaches in (50 of them 3/8” which turns out is too small ):) and was wondering if anyone knows if it’d be better to gutload them with an oatmeal formula or if the roach chow from Dubiaroaches.com would be okay? I have a male veiled chameleon (2-3 months) and I want to stop feeding him worms because I was told they aren’t very nutritious and they’re just hard to handle, they always fall down when I try to feed him and it gets annoying! Also does anyone know how long it takes for the roaches to grow?

Roaches grow better with heat and darkness. Gutloading should be done with fresh fruits and veggies and then the roach chow can be a dry food but shouldn't be a gutload. It's a filler for their stomach. In my opinion not many commercial dry feeds are good by themselves and you need about 3 combined.

Roaches grow better with heat and darkness. Gutloading should be done with fresh fruits and veggies and then the roach chow can be a dry food but shouldn't be a gutload. It's a filler for their stomach. In my opinion not many commercial dry feeds are good by themselves and you need about 3 combined.
Okay awesome. I was also watching a YouTube video for a DIY in gutloading for dubias and the lady used oatmeal and a bunch of reptile supplements. Do you think this would be better or should I stick with the natural fruits and veggies?

I prefer natural fruits and veggies, I make my own dry gutload of course but it has about 30 different ingredients. and the breeding formula has 45.
I’ll probablt stick with the fruits and veggies then. I saw apples bananas and grapes aren’t good for them in terms of gut loading for a chameleon so I’m sticking to parsley and mangos. I actually was wondering too, is it okay to just wash up the veggie or fruit and put it in the container I’m keeping them in? I just put some in there in hopes they’ll eat it up.

Yes it is. Banana apples and grapes are fine as long as rotate regularly with more appropriate gutloading items. I use other stuff that would make most people since all the time but also my inverts are fed a rotating diet of like 8 fruits and veggies a week that switch out 4 the next week.

Yes it is. Banana apples and grapes are fine as long as rotate regularly with more appropriate gutloading items. I use other stuff that would make most people since all the time but also my inverts are fed a rotating diet of like 8 fruits and veggies a week that switch out 4 the next week.
Okay cool. I’ll start rotating once I get used to the flow of things!

Hello all,

Just got my shipment of roaches in (50 of them 3/8” which turns out is too small ):) and was wondering if anyone knows if it’d be better to gutload them with an oatmeal formula or if the roach chow from Dubiaroaches.com would be okay? I have a male veiled chameleon (2-3 months) and I want to stop feeding him worms because I was told they aren’t very nutritious and they’re just hard to handle, they always fall down when I try to feed him and it gets annoying! Also does anyone know how long it takes for the roaches to grow?
Gutloading 101.jpeg

I add fruit to a blended/frozen mix, but otherwise avoud them (other than oranges). They make a mess and get funky quickly.

I prefer carrots and oranges normally, and then I’ll feed bug burger with bee pollen and sprulina mixed in every other day or so. Some days I’ll add the frozen blended veggie and fruit mix.

Back
Top Bottom