dubia roaches for my future chameleon?

Hey, if you've seen my previous post I was discussing about buying my baby veiled chameleon from PETCO. I have finally decided to buy from there but in around 2weeks i have enclosure and setup half ready now. But the thing thats holding me back is feeding! The chaameleons from petco are around 2-4 inches long and they seem to be eating pinhead crickets. the closest petstore from my house is around 15-20 minutes away. ANd the thing is that someone will be giving me a ride to get them but said everyweek will he too much?! So I've been searching on the web and found about dubia roaches? instead of buying the crickets every 2 week and dieing really fast. Can instead of crickets as there staple diet can it be dubia nymphs? Like I will be giving it a variety of insects but can dubia roaches be its main food. Even thoe its a tiny baby or does it have to be crickets? One more thing.. is starting a Roach colony worth for one chameleon. And another thing.. if I purchase 200 nymphs that from my calculations will last around a month be good? Like would the nymphs stay at there same or around the same size for a monthh to feed a baby chameleon with a little cool temperature for slow growth rate on the nymphs? Thanx!!

Back
Top Bottom