Dubia Roaches for Baby Panther

Psydeways

Hi All,

When my baby panther arrives in a few weeks, I will be feeding it primarily dubias (as opposed to crickets) as well as worms of various sorts.

The cham will be about 3 months old when I receive it and I was wondering what size roaches to feed him and how many???

I've found a UK seller which sells packs of 50 that are between 4mm - 10mm. Will these be the right size and approximately how many of these should I be feeding him every day?

Thanks in advance!

Feed babies as much as they want, you'll be surprised how much they can eat. As for the size, 1/4 to 1/2 inch crickets are about right, these are usually sold as "small" crickets by most pet stores. So Dubias about the same size should be fine.

EDIT: as long as those 4-10mm's are actually within that size range, ie: not much over 10mm, those should be fine, also, make sure you have gutloaded food on hand before you get him.

And btw, here's a pic of my nosy be on my middle finger at 3 months to give you an idea of how big he'll be.

22D22114-1AA0-42E5-9F6F-6373A2AEA380-715-00000126D25475CB_zpsff235fbd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

For gutloading Dubias, is it the standard fruit & veg cuts and then calcium dusted before feeding?

Thanks for the reply.

For gutloading Dubias, is it the standard fruit & veg cuts and then calcium dusted before feeding?

That should be fine, however I personally use dinofuel, I usually put a thick caked layer of it on a potato slice or my preference of an overripe strawberry. The crickets go NUTS for it and lick it off in a hurry. I usually only keep about 70 1/2" crickets on hand and they can lick a 1mm thick layer of dinofuel off of a potato slice in like 45 minutes or less.

Ok thanks again.

I'll try a few combos and see what works best. So excited!! This will be my first cham. I've been waiting ages as the eggs took much longer to hatch than expected. Can't wait to bring him home!!!

Back
Top Bottom