Dubia invasion

codiwatkins

So I was recently in Hawaii for a week. When I returned home I found that my Dubia COLONY had been knocked over by my cat. :eek:

SOOOOOOOOOO Im wondering if a bug bomb will kill off the ones that I havnt found. Im packing my apartment up because I close on my house on Monday and I dont want to take un contained roaches with me to my new house. Ive managed to catch most of the colony and return them to their bin, but Im finding them EVERYWHERE. In binders, under couches, on the walls(I thought they couldnt climb walls....I WAS WRONG)in cups in my cabinets,basically anywhere that is dark you can find one.Basically they are everywhere. Any advice would be great!! Thanks

Sounds like you should free-range some Chameleons in every room of the house.

Aren't you lucky you get to do that? :D

Sorry about the Dubias... You could try some:

featured-content_home.jpg

I use it around the perimeter of the house and it works well.

check your sheets!

LOL oh I did muliple times. The thing Im most worried about is what the aprtments are going to think when they come into my apt and find giant dead roaches:eek:. Im going to try and find them all but Im sure they will eventually come out of hiding once Im completly moved...............:p

Im wondering if I should tell them what ahppen before I move just so they can expect it....

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! That is so nasty! I just started to try to breed dubia's and what you are saying is my fear because just looking at them in the tank freaks me out and how they sound when they run around the tank. I would crank the AC... How nasty dude. I feel so bad for you.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! That is so nasty! I just started to try to breed dubia's and what you are saying is my fear because just looking at them in the tank freaks me out and how they sound when they run around the tank. I would crank the AC... How nasty dude. I feel so bad for you.

I know Im completly grossed out by it as well.If it makes you feel better I have had them for over 4 months and none have EVER escaped. Its my damn cats fault!!:mad:

I couldnt sleep last night because I kept thinking I could feel one in my bed.

Sounds like you should free-range some Chameleons in every room of the house.

Aren't you lucky you get to do that? :D

Sorry about the Dubias... You could try some:

featured-content_home.jpg

I use it around the perimeter of the house and it works well.

I wish I had enough chameleons to free range tham around!!LOL:p

Damn that sucks...I don't think It bother me to much if they escaped they really don't freak me out. probably would take a long time to catch them all. why didn't you have a lid or Rubbermaid container:confused:?

i hate cats! lol sorry for that...

u should totally place some sort of heat source and maybe food out on a paper plate. that youe cat wont get to.

When in doubt bubs, blame it on the neighbors. Just remove whatever you'll eat with and junk whatever food you might have brought and bug bomb the whole apratment so you don't take any travelers with you.

This is always my fear when keeping these things. They may escape and be crawling in my bed! Good luck and try not to take any loose ones w/ you.

I cant get rid of my roe!!! I love her. She was just bored Im sure.

I do have them in a rubbermaid bin, but she knocked it off the desk and i guess it came open......:eek: I found a few dead ones this morning before work. Its sad when you find dead roaches and your like OH MAN what a waste of money!!!!:D

If you have a nocturnal gecko that is endemic to your region, you should snatch several up and let them loose in your house. The dubias are nocturnal so they will only get eaten by nocturnal animals.

You can also crush up some egg shells and put them in a dense pile in every corner of the house.

Roaches will walk along the wall mostly, so corners are your best bet.

Along with the egg shells, slice up some cucumber. I've read that cucumber prevents them from breeding (so does coffee grounds), and the egg shells extremely high calcium content will make them overload on calcium and they will die off.

Back
Top Bottom