Dubia info

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all, I have a pretty good dubia colony going but seems like I get an abundance of females over males. Is there something that would increase the male births or is it just take what you get. Thought maybe temp or humidity or such may play a roll in gender?

Lol I'll trade ya, I have the exact opposite problem where I have such an abundance of males that they look like females due to the constant wing chewing they do to each other. Can't do anything with them either because my bearded dragon is a pansy and won't eat the males (too big/scary apparently) and my panther chameleon is too small still! ;___; Legit I'd be happy to ship you some males if you wanted hahaha they need some love....

What happens when there are too many males and not enough females??

The males beat up everyone, and birth rates drop. AKA the males are constantly hounding the females, and when the female does the weird "squirt out the egg sack, do a 180 with butt muscles, and suck it back in" she just drops it, so no babies.

Lol I'll trade ya, I have the exact opposite problem where I have such an abundance of males that they look like females due to the constant wing chewing they do to each other. Can't do anything with them either because my bearded dragon is a pansy and won't eat the males (too big/scary apparently) and my panther chameleon is too small still! ;___; Legit I'd be happy to ship you some males if you wanted hahaha they need some love....
I appreciate the offer but think I'm ok for now. Not to the point of "gotta due something quick". I was just wondering if there was anything that would influence the sex one way or the other. I think it works that way in alligators so ??
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom