dubia babies!

dom1959

do i need to separate them from the adults?

my first nymphs!

wow i am really creeped out that this is good news,
now that i proofread this:eek:

pigglett79

Avid Member
I usually leave them all together, but for ease of feeding I will separate out like 20-50 of the size I want to feed off in to a smaller container.

little leaf

Avid Member
the nymphs will feed off the adult roaches feces when they are first born. :eek:
( I know- YUCK) but I was told they NEED to eat this - so just leave them in the bin :)

Seiryu

Established Member
the nymphs will feed off the adult roaches feces when they are first born. :eek:
( I know- YUCK) but I was told they NEED to eat this - so just leave them in the bin :)

This is incorrect. I sort out ten's of thousands of babies every other week from the adults and they do fine on eating chow/fruits etc with water crystals.

Now do they eat the poop? Probably, but it isn't necessary.

But yes, you can keep them all together until your bin is overloaded!

Shaunny

i take mine out every time i clean the bin mainly so i can then feed the babies on less animal protein than what my breeders get

pigglett79

Avid Member
i take mine out every time i clean the bin mainly so i can then feed the babies on less animal protein than what my breeders get

I don't use any animal protein and mine breed like crazy. I feed the colony the same as I do the feeders. They get lots of veggies, some fruits, nuts and my dry gutload mix.

nick barta

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
do u guys use bee pollen in your feeder feed?

and thanks for sharing your info with me...

Bee pollen can be used in dry gutload, and is extremely benificial. The 2 challenges are that for some feeders you need to grind it to a fine powder so the feeder insect can eat it. The second challenge is price; it is the most expensive dry gutload ingredient, and is not included in most gutloads.

Top Bottom