Dubai Roach colony care

vangarret2000

I have been reading through a few care sheets on keeping Dubai roach feeder colonies. They all generally state the same info. I was wondering if anyone knows a link to a reliable care sheet or any tips on keeping good care of them.

I have more than I know what to do with. Maybe I am doing it right but I don't know.

Mine are in a 100 gal aquarium, I have an undertank heater, and a ceramic heater on top. I alternate between eggs crates, and a plain piece of cardboard to keep them from being on top of each other as much as I can. Mine are in a huge tank as I am lazy, and Hate dubia. I keep them because they are good feeders. Anyway I keep the bugs in about 2/3 of the tank and the other 1/3 is for food plus any waste I move all the way to the far mostly open end. That was I don't have to clean them 2 x a week like crickets rater I clean them every 2 weeks.:)

I feed them water crystals, a dry gutload, and the same veggies as I feed my crickets. Dubia in my expierence will eat half the world if you offer it/:eek:

If you have any questions I can help with just let me know.

I have more than I know what to do with. Maybe I am doing it right but I don't know.

Mine are in a 100 gal aquarium, I have an undertank heater, and a ceramic heater on top. I alternate between eggs crates, and a plain piece of cardboard to keep them from being on top of each other as much as I can. Mine are in a huge tank as I am lazy, and Hate dubia. I keep them because they are good feeders. Anyway I keep the bugs in about 2/3 of the tank and the other 1/3 is for food plus any waste I move all the way to the far mostly open end. That was I don't have to clean them 2 x a week like crickets rater I clean them every 2 weeks.:)

I feed them water crystals, a dry gutload, and the same veggies as I feed my crickets. Dubia in my expierence will eat half the world if you offer it/:eek:

If you have any questions I can help with just let me know.

Do you keep a thermostat or something on the UTH to regulate the heat at all? Some sites said it wasn't neccisary to control it like you would with a reptile.

I read the males have wings and female just have the stubs. How long does it take them to develop before you know which sex it is gonna lean to.

Also if you need to grow a starter colony should you keep it in a smaller container and get a bigger one as it establishes or can you just start it off in your Perminant container?

I have no idea what temp my Dubia are at. Whatever it is, is what it is.:)

I also never care male or female. You cant tell at the sizes I feed off, well I have never tried to figure it out.

You should make sure that your reptile like them first cus in no time thy will Reproduce like crazy,i bought like 150 like 2 moths ago and sens i have a baby i dont want thm grown to fast so i dont put any heat i just keep thm at room temperature and none have died thy just grow very slow until my cham is big il put some heat for thm to reproduce

Back
Top Bottom