dripper?

Brianinsocal

When I got my Jackson they told me to put the dripper on top of the screen and let it drip on to the screen. I am not sure about that. It does not always drip through and will collect on top. Eventually it will drip through.

Should I make a small hole and let the pipe protrude through? Also maybe how far?

Sorry for the dumb question just want to make sure he is getting his water. By the way the plants inside are misted several times a day until soaked.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

When I got my Jackson they told me to put the dripper on top of the screen and let it drip on to the screen. I am not sure about that. It does not always drip through and will collect on top. Eventually it will drip through.

Should I make a small hole and let the pipe protrude through? Also maybe how far?

Sorry for the dumb question just want to make sure he is getting his water. By the way the plants inside are misted several times a day until soaked.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

I would say that you should put a small hole In the screen to help the water flow as chameleons are attracted to moving water... always make sure it drips over a plant... and don't ever think that your question is dumb because not only does this question/questions help you but it will benefit others as well...

I don't make a hole, partly because I am afraid that the mesh will tear and partly because I don't think its too necessary. I use a small container at the bottom under the area where the water collects on the mesh to catch all the droplets that bounce off of leaves and such. I change it out every day just to keep it clean and so that my cham wont fall in and drown. Usually the water will pool into a small area before surface tension and gravity force the water to drip through. If you have one of those Lil drippers that come with a tube extension, then try and see if it fits through the side of the cage where there might be a gap. If all else fails, then go ahead and make a little hole. Use a grommet to make it look aesthetically pleasing. Hehe, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom