Dripper Water Pooling on top of Screen

BPal75

Hello Everyone,

New cham owner here and trying to work out the kinks. I made a DIY dripper out of a large plastic Solo cup and a few tiny holes in the bottom from a needle as I've seen suggested on this forum. I have a Reptibreeze XL screened enclosure and have been setting the cup on top of the screen so that the drops land on as many leaves as possible, but I've noticed that after I've walked away for a while and come back, a lot of the water has just pooled on top of the screen due to surface tension, and nothing is dripping into the enclosure. The cup itself is still half full. The holes in the screen of that Reptibreeze are so small that I think that's creating the surface tension and preventing the water from dripping through. Does anyone have suggestions for this issue or have seen a similar issue addressed? I'd rather not go poking a lot of holes in my screen so I've tried to avoid going the little/big dripper route as my understanding is I would have to poke a hole in the screen to fit the air hose through, but obviously this current setup isn't working and after a few minutes water stops dripping into the enclosure.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah poking holes in the screen kinda comes with this hobby. Whether you are poking them to run a drip line or a temp probe... It is a matter of making sure that you know exactly where you want something so your only creating limited holes. Easiest way I found to poke holes was using a phillips head screwdriver. It normally makes the exact size holes you need and you can gently push it through the screen.

Back
Top Bottom