Dripper Advice Needed!

So despite all the frustrated stories I've read about the ZooMed drippers, I ordered one. I know!! Please keep reading haha. I figured with all the creative people here, combined with my own craftyness I could mod that sh** and make an awesome drip system. I love love loved the thread posted by kaianuanu (not positive how to tag people, still new to this) about IV drippers so I acquired some supplies and waited for my BD to show up in the mail. My step mom is a vet tech so the IV part was easy. BUT, my dripper shows up, and its all beat up with dents in it, and it has NO VALVE with it. Seriously. It did come with two, 1ft length pieces of tubing but i'm disappointed. It was from amazon and the seller wont to diddly squat about it. Of course. But I've tested it and it doesn't leak, so I think I could still use it. I have a ton of time today so i'd love to knock this out. I have this dripper, with the two black tubes, that are about a foot in length each, the IV kit, and an aquarium airline supply kit that has several components including Y-valves, and air control valves, also some suction cups. I also have a glue gun. (crafty AF):p My question is, how can I make this happen? Any one tried it without the main valve that comes with this thing? I've never used valves of any kind before. Any tips would be super helpful, thanks so much.
p.s, if you could tell me how to tag them or if I should tag him let me know and i'll edit it.(y)

Also, here's some pictures of Armand from this morning. He started his first shed that he's had with me. I'm much more excited about it than he is.:D The pictures are only an hour apart. First one was just a spot and second was his whole casque. It's moving along quickly. He's been a grump about it. I've mostly left him alone other than breakfast and misting and snapped a few pics because hes just too cute and I love him so much.

20181007_094408.jpg 20181007_103439.jpg

So despite all the frustrated stories I've read about the ZooMed drippers, I ordered one. I know!! Please keep reading haha. I figured with all the creative people here, combined with my own craftyness I could mod that sh** and make an awesome drip system. I love love loved the thread posted by kaianuanu (not positive how to tag people, still new to this) about IV drippers so I acquired some supplies and waited for my BD to show up in the mail. My step mom is a vet tech so the IV part was easy. BUT, my dripper shows up, and its all beat up with dents in it, and it has NO VALVE with it. Seriously. It did come with two, 1ft length pieces of tubing but i'm disappointed. It was from amazon and the seller wont to diddly squat about it. Of course. But I've tested it and it doesn't leak, so I think I could still use it. I have a ton of time today so i'd love to knock this out. I have this dripper, with the two black tubes, that are about a foot in length each, the IV kit, and an aquarium airline supply kit that has several components including Y-valves, and air control valves, also some suction cups. I also have a glue gun. (crafty AF):p My question is, how can I make this happen? Any one tried it without the main valve that comes with this thing? I've never used valves of any kind before. Any tips would be super helpful, thanks so much.
p.s, if you could tell me how to tag them or if I should tag him let me know and i'll edit it.(y)

Also, here's some pictures of Armand from this morning. He started his first shed that he's had with me. I'm much more excited about it than he is.:D The pictures are only an hour apart. First one was just a spot and second was his whole casque. It's moving along quickly. He's been a grump about it. I've mostly left him alone other than breakfast and misting and snapped a few pics because hes just too cute and I love him so much.

View attachment 215169 View attachment 215170
Could you post a pic of all of your supplies, please? I’m intrigued and want to help you figure this out, now! Cute guy, too!

Could you post a pic of all of your supplies, please? I’m intrigued and want to help you figure this out, now! Cute guy, too!

Here are my main supplies that I have on hand. (minus the glue gun lol) Also a shed update photo because he's just working through it so well and I love it haha. He's cute when he's a grump. I'm close to hardware stores and other such places so I may be able to make a quick trip if need be.

Attachments

• 20181007_134314.jpg
    20181007_134314.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20181007_143629.jpg
    20181007_143629.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20181007_143638.jpg
    20181007_143638.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20181007_143703.jpg
    20181007_143703.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20181007_143732.jpg
    20181007_143732.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 111
  • 20181007_143753.jpg
    20181007_143753.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181007_143758.jpg
    20181007_143758.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 125
Ok, so those airline valves are controlled by loosening or tightening, allowing air to pass through. If you have a Petco near you, in the fish section, there should be their own version of this but it acts like a ball valve instead. I would take the hot glue gun and use the hot metal tip to widen the hole for tubing, if needed, then hot glue the tubing into place from both sides, add the airline tubing (ball) valve, more tubing, then the syringe, or however you want it setup

Oh, I thought the dripper hadn’t come with a valve, sorry

No, you were right, it didn't. i'm sorry, I got confused. Were you saying I can try the white airline valves? or do I need to go track down a ball valve one instead? I'm so sorry, I need to go do some valve googling, I don't know anything about valves:oops: I did get this pack of valve parts at a petco. Actually i think it was petsmart, I can't remember now.

No, you were right, it didn't. i'm sorry, I got confused. Were you saying I can try the white airline valves? or do I need to go track down a ball valve one instead? I'm so sorry, I need to go do some valve googling, I don't know anything about valves:oops: I did get this pack of valve parts at a petco. Actually i think it was petsmart, I can't remember now.
It’s fine! The valves you got should work, but make sure water doesn’t leak from them first

Back
Top Bottom