drip system?

niki

hi there. I am just wondering on how to make a drip system. I searched but couldn't find anything to my likings. Bobbers has a fountain right now:eek: (I know they are the shits, but I work for about 9 hours of the day and he does drink out of it.) I am afraid if I take it out he will not drink while I am away. Anyways if someone can tell me how to make an EXTREMELY easy drip it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to take a cup and poke small holes in it but it doesn't drip. THe mesh stops it from going into the cage. you wouldn't beleve what I have tried;) .

Plasti milk jug, tiny dry wall nail (1mm diameter or so), cut a hand sized hole in the top, from the inside out push the nail through and twist and wriggle it around to open the hole out. Take the pin out and put it up through the bottom. Fill with water, put on cage.

i took a 1.5 L nestle pure life water bottle ( cheap plastic ) and poked a very very very very tiny hole in the plastic cap.

The hole was so small i took a pin and poked it in from both ends so the hole wouldnt be the diameter of the entire pin. It took me a couple of tries, so if you only have one lid, start off small and go bigger!

I too have a screen / mesh top to my enclosure and have found a solution!!! You need to some how elevate where the droplet comes out of, away from teh screen. I did this by severing another bottle 1/3 the way up from the bottom, and cut a hole in the bottom end of the bottle segment.

I place the 1/3 of a bottle with the bottom up, and then place the full bottle cap down to drip slowly through the mesh. Its nice when it goes through the mesh because it creates many small droplets and they disperse more.

I have included a photo.. be advised that i am a newbie, and i do not know how wholly correct this is, but from what i understand it is what i need and works well for me!

Picture in next post.

here it is, oh ya.. and dont forget to poke a hole at the other end of the dripper, otherwise it wont drip as much because of suction ( i think ). and lastly it seems to me teh more water i have in the bottle the faster it drips, most likel due to gravity having more pull on mor water.

Good luck, and anyone else who posts probobally has more knowledge and experiance than i do.

hope this works for you!

-Marc

Attachments

• bottle.JPG
    bottle.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 215
Plasti milk jug, tiny dry wall nail (1mm diameter or so), cut a hand sized hole in the top, from the inside out push the nail through and twist and wriggle it around to open the hole out. Take the pin out and put it up through the bottom. Fill with water, put on cage.

Hows mine? it seems to work well... right idea right?! =P

OMg u smart little bugger. Here I was holding up the bottle with my hand, lol. Hmmmmm now just to find a drinking bottle. How do u catch all the water that falls? I line the bottom with paper towel (how do u not make a mess?

i like drip vines. they look nice and they're effective to cover a large area. they might cost more than a bottle of water, but i think they're worth it.

OMg u smart little bugger. Here I was holding up the bottle with my hand, lol. Hmmmmm now just to find a drinking bottle. How do u catch all the water that falls? I line the bottom with paper towel (how do u not make a mess?

i have peat moss lining the bottom of my tank, and oat grass, some of the oat grass was bought pre grown, but i also bought seeds and once they start growing they'll soak up even more of the water.

people kept on saying PLANTS PLANTS PLANTS, so i figured, grass grass grass, because you can line the whole base of the tank!

Back
Top Bottom