Drip pan

Chachi

Established Member
Does anyone know of anybody custom making drip pans/containers for water overflow at the cage bottom. I have my cages sitting on plastic totes and I have fountain pumps that pump the water out. I feel like the cage doesn't sit as solid as I would like it. Check photo.
I would like a metal 24"x24" box that is about 24" high. These plastic totes are ......wobbly, kind of.

Attachments

• 14821059506391987223575.jpg
    14821059506391987223575.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 77
I had mine made at a heating& cooling business out of light weight galvanized metal, pretty cheap! Bent up, corners tig welded! Then I smeared silicone in the corners so they don't leak!

I had mine made at a heating& cooling business out of light weight galvanized metal, pretty cheap! Bent up, corners tig welded! Then I smeared silicone in the corners so they don't leak!
Ok. Did you have a buddy for a leg in or do I just call around?

There are lots of drainage ideas in a sticky post under the Enclosures and Supplies forum. You can try several different types of plastic pans including appliance drip pans, cement mixing pans and forms, hydroponics flood table trays, or make one yourself out of rigid plastic panels and caulk.

Ok. Did you have a buddy for a leg in or do I just call around?
I just called them & I talked to the guy who does the sheet metal duct work for furnace's & made a drawing for him with measurements & he made them! I think I paid $17.00 a piece for them & can set 2 Cages on each tray!

I just called them & I talked to the guy who does the sheet metal duct work for furnace's & made a drawing for him with measurements & he made them! I think I paid $17.00 a piece for them & can set 2 Cages on each tray!
Ok, I'm going to start calling after New years. Carlton drew me to the enclosure section forum and I read what was written about water control under the sticky pin. I like your idea best. I like the idea of getting exactly what I want. I also have a rust problem now that Imy hoping I won't have w your idea. Thank you

If you get some made pm me before you do! And I'll tell you how I had mine made! I put drains in mine to made from 3/8 copper tubing, flared & soldered in to the bottom of the pan and tubing down to a catch pan on the floor!

Back
Top Bottom