Drinking

Kostas

Ok so i finally got my carpet today !!
Anyway i have been misting on and on today for a while but havent seen him drink anything. (not really even sure how it looks lol)
He seems really stressed out or something everytime i get close to the cage he just stops moving completely, and just creeps on me. I get it its new place for him and all but is it normal for cham just bask all day, whitout drinking?
I had to move him to feeding cup so he would notice food, once i did that he did eat 5 small crickets and leave 4 more inside. (gonna leave em over night cup is deep enough for crickets not to jump out so aint worried about loose ones).

This is my boy "Hypno Blue" got him from Dooley :)
IMG_1248.jpg

He's very cute! How long have you had him? It's definitely normal for them to be freaked out upon arrival, sometimes for a good while, so I wouldn't worry yet if you just got him. The fact that he is eating is a good sign, and he looks pretty hydrated in that pic. What color are his urates? If they are white he is drinking fine, he's just being sneaky about it :cool:

Ok so i finally got my carpet today !!
Anyway i have been misting on and on today for a while but havent seen him drink anything. (not really even sure how it looks lol)
He seems really stressed out or something everytime i get close to the cage he just stops moving completely, and just creeps on me. I get it its new place for him and all but is it normal for cham just bask all day, whitout drinking?
I had to move him to feeding cup so he would notice food, once i did that he did eat 5 small crickets and leave 4 more inside. (gonna leave em over night cup is deep enough for crickets not to jump out so aint worried about loose ones).

This is my boy "Hypno Blue" got him from Dooley :)
View attachment 82098

He's stressed from his trip and totally preoccupied by the strange place and your activity around the cage. Make sure there is enough foliage so he can hide from view and so he can choose to drink. Leave him alone as much as you can. Don't handle him...let him explore his new space on his own terms for now.

Thank you :) and yeah I only got him this morning, he knows where he's feeding cup is so I'm happy ! :) gonna let that little bugger be, haven't seen his urate or poop yet so not sure bout it yet.
He haves lots of foliage and he still climbs screen even though his basking spot is at 85 degrees but I figured they tend to do that when they are young

Back
Top Bottom