Drinking strike???

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 3 years old, been with me around 5 months Male Veiled
Handling - once a week
Feeding - gut loaded crickets, hornworms, occasionally superworms. Dusted with with calcium daily no D3 every day and with d3 twice a month
Watering - Hand misting x3 a day and monsoon mister.
Fecal Description - Brown solid. White but starting to tint yellow urate.

Cage Type - 18x18x24 exo terra (in the process of moving this is only temporary until new cage is shipped to us)
Light Combo- 65w CHE and 6% UVB.
Temperature - Basking spot 80° and lowest is 65-70°
Humidity - Humidity gauge in tank, 60-70%
Plants - plastic ones
Placement - Bedroom, low traffic, near no windows, vents etc. Away from all other pets.
Location - Maryland, USA

He hasn't been drinking too much lately so I've been taking him out once a week to squirt a little near him and see if he'll drink even at that he doesn't seem interested. he gets a 10 minute mist in his cage everyday but I haven't seen him drink since October 28th, his urates are starting to show a little yellow so I know he isn't drinking but he eats perfectly fine. I've been giving him more hornworms so he can hydrate himself and his fecal matter is as good as it can be but he just wont really drink. He also seems super interested in water just wont drink it. Would a dripper help?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 3 years old, been with me around 5 months Male Veiled
Handling - once a week
Feeding - gut loaded crickets, hornworms, occasionally superworms. Dusted with with calcium daily no D3 every day and with d3 twice a month
Watering - Hand misting x3 a day and monsoon mister.
Fecal Description - Brown solid. White but starting to tint yellow urate.

Cage Type - 18x18x24 exo terra (in the process of moving this is only temporary until new cage is shipped to us)
Light Combo- 65w CHE and 6% UVB.
Temperature - Basking spot 80° and lowest is 65-70°
Humidity - Humidity gauge in tank, 60-70%
Plants - plastic ones
Placement - Bedroom, low traffic, near no windows, vents etc. Away from all other pets.
Location - Maryland, USA

He hasn't been drinking too much lately so I've been taking him out once a week to squirt a little near him and see if he'll drink even at that he doesn't seem interested. he gets a 10 minute mist in his cage everyday but I haven't seen him drink since October 28th, his urates are starting to show a little yellow so I know he isn't drinking but he eats perfectly fine. I've been giving him more hornworms so he can hydrate himself and his fecal matter is as good as it can be but he just wont really drink. He also seems super interested in water just wont drink it. Would a dripper help?
You need a multivitamin twice a month. What is the new cage size? Adult male veileds need a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall. How long are your misting sessions? Get a t5H0 10.0 or 12% uvb. Basking is 10-15* too low. The veiled care sheet here has proper temps. Dripper will help. Position it over a plant so it drips onto the leaves

Running a humidifier will help hydrate him by absorbing the water through his skin, but your humidity is already at its max, so unless your humidity drops at night and you run it then, I wouldn’t do it

getting a 2x2x4 misting is 4-5 mins long will get the uvb and multivitamin and make the branches closer to the basking spot I was just afraid it would dry him out

You need a multivitamin twice a month. What is the new cage size? Adult male veileds need a minimum of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall. How long are your misting sessions? Get a t5H0 10.0 or 12% uvb. Basking is 10-15* too low. The veiled care sheet here has proper temps. Dripper will help. Position it over a plant so it drips onto the leaves
Why does she need to upgrade to 12% UVB?

oh I used to have a jacksons, that was a few years back but I just kept buying 6%s lol that's probably y

I don’t know if Monsoon has a “rain” nozzle like Mistking offers but I’m sure you can make one easily enough. The rain nozzle makes a lot of droplets form on the top screen of the viv, they dance and sparkle like crazy. Like Matt said, chams can’t resist that shine...
B56C7792-DC59-40F8-BB6E-9A6D4961B1E0.jpeg

I don’t know if Monsoon has a “rain” nozzle like Mistking offers but I’m sure you can make one easily enough. The rain nozzle makes a lot of droplets form on the top screen of the viv, they dance and sparkle like crazy. Like Matt said, chams can’t resist that shine...View attachment 216716
I made one for my monsoon out of a red solo cup. Poke a hole the size of the nozzle in the bottom, flip it over, and viola!

Back
Top Bottom