Driftwood?

If it is drift wood from the pet store, it should be okay. But if you find any branches from the wild, I would recommend scrubbing them down with soap and water. Then baking them in the oven, in order to kill any bugs left inside.

That depends on what you want to use it for.
If you want to fashion it as a perch for your cham to sit on, then it is fine provided you've cleaned it thoroughly and made sure it is free of toxins/bacteria. Some people clean it with a mild bleach solution, and let it sun bake for a few days before using it, others like to bake the wood in an oven for a while to kill of anything that might be living inside of it, and to dry it out properly to avoid rot. Some do both.

If you're simply adding driftwood in there for decoration, then I wouldn't bother with it, because it simply adds one more item that hampers cleaning, and also provides nooks and crannies for feeder insects to hide away in.

Do as Marc said or you can boil some water and and drown the wood.

I dont know what trees you have where you live but vines and branches from Pines should not be used in reptilecages.

i agree with tygerr if you need perches just get some bio vine or something easly cleaned or it will become a big hastle discouraging you from claening.

Back
Top Bottom