Dried egg sac stuck on one month old panther?

dford21

Hey guys, I have a baby panther that hatched on 7/9 who has what I think is his egg sac dried onto his leg, as well as a little worm like thing on his tail? I’ve attached a photo where you can (kind of) see both. Should I wait for it to fall off on its own or should I try to take it off? Thank you!

Attachments

• 58001CA4-DDDB-4E9C-8719-4F35795DF7E1.jpeg
    58001CA4-DDDB-4E9C-8719-4F35795DF7E1.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 127
I am far from an expert but I do a lot of research. Maybe try spraying him down/giving him a shower with a mister to help it come off on its own? I know that’s what I was told to do, for when they shed. Which is a whole other thing but I would think it’s similar. Do not take my word for it though. There are plenty of people on here that are much more familiar with Panther chameleons than I am. Plus they’re so tiny, you don’t want to accidentally hurt him. Hopefully somebody with more experience steps in and gives you some advice.

I had no idea. From what I have read, if the skin isn’t coming off as quickly as it should, babies sometimes need help by being misted. I could be completely wrong of course, there’s so much crud on the internet!! And you guys are much more experienced than we are. I did try it with our baby once, he loved it. If he doesn’t want water/a shower, he will run the other way so to speak. But he literally just circled around and soaked it up while rubbing his little body/face trying to get the last of his shed off. Maybe our baby Kronos is just a freak of nature but he really seemed to enjoy it. Lol!!!

I am far from an expert but I do a lot of research. Maybe try spraying him down/giving him a shower with a mister to help it come off on its own? I know that’s what I was told to do, for when they shed. Which is a whole other thing but I would think it’s similar. Do not take my word for it though. There are plenty of people on here that are much more familiar with Panther chameleons than I am. Plus they’re so tiny, you don’t want to accidentally hurt him. Hopefully somebody with more experience steps in and gives you some advice.
I agree that he is very small and I am very anxious about taking him out of his enclosure at all, that’s why I’ve left him to his own devices so far. It doesn’t seem to be bothering him, he hunts and moves around his enclosure perfectly fine. I do mist his enclosure pretty often, though I try to avoid spraying him directly because he usually seems a little upset by it. Thanks for your input!

I don’t know about the possible egg sac stuck to his leg, but that worm thing looks like a urate stuck to him.
Okay that’s kind of what I figured. It’s funny I’ve done so much research on keeping panther chameleons but I somehow completely skipped looking into their bathroom habits!

Is it having trouble with its right eye?
Is it sleeping during the day? Eating well? Drinking?
He has been eating and drinking very well. He has had trouble with that eye since he hatched, literally as soon as he poked his head out of the egg it has been larger than the other, now some days it seems to be normal sized and others it’s big. The only input I could get on his eye was from a guy who runs a family owned reptile store near me who said that it’s common for them to have eye problems when they first hatch? He still uses it, it’s just a little big.

Back
Top Bottom