Drainage

JNASH

I have a screen cage and need a better drainage system due to the fact the chamm now likes to hang out on the bottom . I keep it cleaned everyday but I need something more than just drainage from under the plants. Any suggestions? I was going to raise it on a stand but the bottom is solid and it will be flat so i might still have standing water (can't have it) and I cant find anything supportive enough for the plants that is chameleon friendly

Attachments

• l_2f3286401c9c457285bdd0b4a86555ea.jpg
    l_2f3286401c9c457285bdd0b4a86555ea.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 181
Chams should not be hanging out on the bottom, there could be a problem.

Fill this out please, so we can help.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Last edited:
bio

Thanks here it goes......its a 4' x 2' x 2' screen cage I have 2 Ficus plants and treated branches and vines for him. he has his own room with no fans but moderate natural light. He is a 1 and a half year old panther cham.((( I put a web cam on him, because I figured out what he is doing on the bottom of the cage. He is quite the escape artist.... He can nose his way out where the door closes.))) Reguardless of this he has a heat lamp and a repti sun tube. His humidity stays around 50 ish at the most and his temp is in the eighties. I feed him gut loaded and dusted crickets, meal worms, supers, and silk worms. His poop is brown then white with a tiny orange dot on the end. He drinks frequently and gets misted when I leave for work at 7 and then when drew takes a lunch at 10 30 and then 1 and then 3 and then every couple hours till it is bed time. He is on a set schedule and in the mornings is kinda moody but as soon as i come home from lunch he is waiting to sit on his outside branch while I eat lunch. He then goes back out at 3 for an hour or so if the weather permits. I live in middle ga, so this summer is going to be hot and humid. I still would like a better drainage set up and would love suggestions and feedback. I have had him a while but I love to learn more.

Back
Top Bottom