Drainage?

Qhugh14

I need better drainage ideas. I have a drip system for my Veiled and i was wondering what you guys use to get rid of the extra water. I need ideas!

I have a dragon stand heavy duty tray and it works well many use a washing machine tray...you can get creative or go for a diy masterpiece or rock a designed tray that'll fit your cage. Then you have options to consider for removing the water from that , putting a drain valve onto it or using a turkey baster or shop vac. Depends on how much water your pumping into the enclosure. Good luck

I have a dragon stand heavy duty tray and it works well many use a washing machine tray...you can get creative or go for a diy masterpiece or rock a designed tray that'll fit your cage. Then you have options to consider for removing the water from that , putting a drain valve onto it or using a turkey baster or shop vac. Depends on how much water your pumping into the enclosure. Good luck
is standing water ok in the enclosure?

I have a dragon strand drip easy tray. I shop vac mine every morning. I don't like the standing water or the potential for bacteria growth.

My enclosure is up on a stand (no top to it, just a lip that holds the cage) with a shelf below. I have drilled drain holes in the center of my bottom tray, and placed a five gallon bucket underneath on the bottom shelf. Works perfectly, I don't have any standing water and I have 1.5 gallons going through my enclosure daily (it's super dry where I live.) I empty bucket every few days, easy drainage.

My enclosure is up on a stand (no top to it, just a lip that holds the cage) with a shelf below. I have drilled drain holes in the center of my bottom tray, and placed a five gallon bucket underneath on the bottom shelf. Works perfectly, I don't have any standing water and I have 1.5 gallons going through my enclosure daily (it's super dry where I live.) I empty bucket every few days, easy drainage.
Same here. Works like a champ for the reptibreeze with stand.

I just set up my drainage system today pretty much exactly like you explained! My stand is a bit smaller than I would like, so I had to go with a smaller 15Q container that I'm just going to have to empty daily, oh well!

I just set up my drainage system today pretty much exactly like you explained! My stand is a bit smaller than I would like, so I had to go with a smaller 15Q container that I'm just going to have to empty daily, oh well!
Great! I hope it works out well for you! Good drainage is really important.

is standing water ok in the enclosure?
In a perfect world I'd try to avoid it by cleaning it daily when you make your rounds for poop. If you leave water your asking for trouble you get poop soup and bacteria / mold can develop. In a realistic world I empty mine twice a week minimum. I've got a big plant on the bottom so it's a little finesse to accomplish this without my Cham freaking out. I try to time it with the morning bask to he's out of that plant and I don't disturb him But he's so cute when hes worked up (photo is from when I took him to the vet and he wasn't happy about the transportation accommodations).
On a related note to the photo my vet went over my husbandry and recommended I reduce my misting a bit . Since then I'm not putting as much water down and it's more manageable to empty with ease.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_093500.jpg
    IMG_20190327_093500.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 298
Would you mind posting a pic?

We have all of our enclosures leaning forward and have a pvc tub running along the shelving unit in front of the enclosures. Then on a slant and all the water runs out of the enclosures, into the pvc and down into a bucket.

Did you make this or purchase it?

Back
Top Bottom