Drainage??

What works easiest for me is to drill holes in the bottom panel for water to drain. Then place a container underneath to collect the water. My enclosure sits on a baker's rack with top shelf holding the cage and the second shelf holds the container.

You could look for a showerpan to use for the base of the cage, since you're custom building. Not sure you can find one that's 4' by 2', but it's probably worth looking online. That would definitely make drainage much easier.

I wanna put a Trey in the bottom so it’s easier to clean so that means I’d have to have it go through two layers to let it drain. If that makes sense.

20180405_050834.jpg

Right now I have a drainage bin under the enclosure but the new enclosures have their dainage running into the backyard trough plumbing...

Even if I had to do it all over inside the house I would just run a pipe to the balcony (cut a hole in the wall) as it beats having to empty a drainage bin daily, spilling and ruening the floor and an overflown bin if you forget it once.

Right now I have a drainage bin under the enclosure but the new enclosures have their dainage running into the backyard trough plumbing...

Even if I had to do it all over inside the house I would just run a pipe to the balcony (cut a hole in the wall) as it beats having to empty a drainage bin daily, spilling and ruening the floor and an overflown bin if you forget it once.

Kind of what I am doing. Going to have a small pump in my drainage bin to pump water out the window and water the plants outside.

Back
Top Bottom