Drainage tray frustration (sorry to keep asking so many questions)

Yikes, thank you for the heads up! looks like I’ll still be using blocks of 2 x 4’s on either ends of the T5 fixture. I saw you used ceiling grate as a climbing wall, though? I think that‘s genius. I may have to steal that idea from you.
I recommend the egg crate trellis often. I have a philodendron (which I thought was a pothos) and Tradescantia zebrina woven in & out of it, and now my chameleon is appreciating it more. It also provides another place to anchor branches/sticks & dowels.

I recommend the egg crate trellis often. I have a philodendron (which I thought was a pothos) and Tradescantia zebrina woven in & out of it, and now my chameleon is appreciating it more. It also provides another place to anchor branches/sticks & dowels.

I recently just had the same experience - grabbed what I thought was a pothos at Home Depot and realized it was a philodendron (I should have got it! I’ll be going back for a schefflera amate and some other extras, so hopefully it will still be there).

Your philodendron and tradescantia zebrina woven in and out of your egg crate sounds lovely! Would you happen to have any pictures?

I recently just had the same experience - grabbed what I thought was a pothos at Home Depot and realized it was a philodendron (I should have got it! I’ll be going back for a schefflera amate and some other extras, so hopefully it will still be there).

Your philodendron and tradescantia zebrina woven in and out of your egg crate sounds lovely! Would you happen to have any pictures?
I do, but they're obscured by the Schefflera arboricola in front of them.
Missus has the camera & chip—taking flower macros. I'll see what I can find over the weekend.

I do, but they're obscured by the Schefflera arboricola in front of them.
Missus has the camera & chip—taking flower macros. I'll see what I can find over the weekend.

Nice 😂 can’t blame her! I too enjoy getting nice shots of flowers. Macro shots are especially exciting. I mean no pressure of course - any pictures you choose to share (whenever you feel like) will be more than appreciated by me.

This is amazing. Never in a million years would I have thought of using rocks like this! Your drain pain is very similar to mine in terms of where the fitting was placed. You don’t have issues with water standing water sitting just below the drain pipe?
There is slight standing water at times. Very minor! I think it's because I drilled holes in corrugated plastic and that's the drippings from my cage through out the day after misting. The rocks and bricks do most of the work . Also at the end of my pipe is a milk jug for to drainage water. I empty 1 x a week .

There is slight standing water at times. Very minor! I think it's because I drilled holes in corrugated plastic and that's the drippings from my cage through out the day after misting. The rocks and bricks do most of the work . Also at the end of my pipe is a milk jug for to drainage water. I empty 1 x a week .
I can absolutely live with just a bit of water. I think I’ll be borrowing your rock/brick idea and combining it with a second PVC pipe fitting in the bottom. I really, really appreciate you sharing pictures of your setup with me!

Back
Top Bottom