Drainage system / Drain Pan Ideas

KatiLemons

Established Member
I am pretty new to the Cham world and I have a few questions. I have pruchased a 4x2x2 cage from LLL reptile and have a table that i CANNOT cut a hole into for a drain. So I need some ideas about what to do? If you guys could give me some ideas about what you have tried and have currently. Pictures would be great.

I recently made a cheap and easy drainage system for a cage like that.. It had the plastic bottom, but i was able to drill some small holes on the bottom.. I made a base out of PVC pipes to raise the cage by 5".. I then simply put one of those paint pans to collect the water. I spent probably $20, and took 30 minutes to make it.

Yeah i have seen pictures of the PVC around the cage to raise it. Thats a great idea cause then I could use anything that would fit under it for a drain pan!! Thanks

I recently made a cheap and easy drainage system for a cage like that.. It had the plastic bottom, but i was able to drill some small holes on the bottom.. I made a base out of PVC pipes to raise the cage by 5".. I then simply put one of those paint pans to collect the water. I spent probably $20, and took 30 minutes to make it.

That is pretty much EXACTLY what I did as well, and it works great for me! :D

Also, you dont have to use pvc to raise the cage, you can use wooden blocks. 2 stacked on each corner of the cage, then put 1 in the paint tray, slide under the cage, and set your plant on that. The weight of the plant on the shorter block (bc there is only 1 in the center) actually pulls the middle of the bottom part of your cage down a bit so the water will pool around the plant and just drip straight into the pan. I love it.

IMG00693-20110318-1458.jpg

IMG00694-20110318-1537.jpg

That's what I did.

The weight from the plant provides a type of funnel which allows the water to drain through the holes, and fall into the pan

Back
Top Bottom