Drainage problem. Need help.

mhfan305

I have a 16x16x20 Zoo Med Repti Breeze. I am looking for some sort of tray I can place in the bottom so that water does not flow out the sides through the screen, but instead drain from the holes I want to drill in the middle. Does anyone know of some sort of a substrate tray that I can purchase so that water stays inside the cage? I see that Mist King and LLL Reptile have these type of substate trays but they only fit their screen terrariums. Thanks.

Don't know who would make a 16x16x20, but I know you can get a drainage tray that your cage sits on. So the water drains out of your cage into the tray. They come in standard sizes too, but I would assume you could still sit your cage on a 18x18 tray. There would just be an inch around it that the tray stuck out.

What are these drainage trays you are talking about? Where can I get one? And how could I fit a 18x18 tray when the cage is only 16x16?

For my setup at home I made a stand out of pvc pipe that raised the cage up enough to fit a bucket underneath it and then drilled holes in the bottom of the cage right above where the bucket is. I don't know if this is possible for you or not. Then I sat the entire setup , cage and stand on top of a tray that they use for washing machines. It actually just saved my rear this weekend when my misting system went haywire while I was gone a couple of days. The great thing about the pvc stand is that you can make it larger once you move up in cage size.

Shelf for drainage system and lights

I liked Supergirl's wire shelf idea and used that. It was a 18" deep x 36" wide x 72" tall wire shelf bakers type rack. You can adjust the shelves by one inch increments. I put my lights and dripper on the top shelf and that keeps them about 2" from the screen. Then I put a Tupperware tub on a shelf underneath the cage shelf and drilled holes in the center of the plastic floor panel. This setup really cleaned up my Cham area. They are available at Target for $40 if you buy it online and pick it up in store.

Back
Top Bottom