Drainage Pan

topmanollie

hey!! how are you guys?
anyways i hope you’re doing well
i got my drain pan today and after spending 5 minutes trying to fit it in the cage i read it goes under it (i know, silly me)
anyways i was wondering how does that exactly work?
do i just remove the little pan that came with the repribreeze?
thank you!!

hey!! how are you guys?
i got my drain pan today and after spending 5 minutes trying to fit it in the cage i read it goes under it (i know, silly me)
thank you!!
What kind of drainage pan did you get?

welll im sure you could technically do it that way, though i'd suggest making holes in the reptibreeze bottom panel, then raising the cage (including bottom panel) up a bit, like on the tray. for example, little bricks under all 4 corners of the cage, and those bricks would be placed on the drainage pan. well thats what im doing for mine. im sure there are better ways

welll im sure you could technically do it that way, though i'd suggest making holes in the reptibreeze bottom panel, then raising the cage (including bottom panel) up a bit, like on the tray. for example, little bricks under all 4 corners of the cage, and those bricks would be placed on the drainage pan. well thats what im doing for mine. im sure there are better ways
OH THATS SMART, how did you empty it doe, do you have to take the whole cage down?

OH THATS SMART, how did you empty it doe, do you have to take the whole cage down?
we're actually planning on drilling a single hole in the drainage tray, the one separate from the cage, then im gonna glue like a funnel underneath it so the water will come out in one area and it can be caught in a container that can be emptied. very long answer and there are probably better ways but this is the most affordable, easiest option i could come up with.

we're actually planning on drilling a single hole in the drainage tray, the one separate from the cage, then im gonna glue like a funnel underneath it so the water will come out in one area and it can be caught in a container that can be emptied. very long answer and there are probably better ways but this is the most affordable, easiest option i could come up with.
yeah i’ve seen a bunch of people do that but sadly with the surface i use for the cage, it’s not the best option for me

hey!! how are you guys?
thank you!!
Can you provide pics of the enclosure showing the existing pan, and the new pan?
Is the new pan intended as a drain pan for a reptile enclosure?
IME, enclosure drain pans are designed so the enclosure sits on top of them. If yours isn't, you may have to modify the pan some so the enclosure can sit on top.

im
Can you provide pics of the enclosure showing the existing pan, and the new pan?
IME, enclosure drain pans are designed so the enclosure sits on top of them. If yours isn't, you may have to modify the pan some so the enclosure can sit on top.
i feel so bad for taking forever to reply when people were trying to help (i have the act in less than a month so cramming up on studying) , i ended up figuring it out but i put the drain pan under, propped the cage up with boards and put holes in the bottom the cage came with

im
i feel so bad for taking forever to reply when people were trying to help (i have the act in less than a month so cramming up on studying) , i ended up figuring it out but i can provide a photo anyways just in case

Attachments

• 20191217_144939.jpg
    20191217_144939.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom