Drainage Ideas

erin.rf

Hey there,
I’ve had my cham for around 2 months and have just been using paper towels for the bottom of the enclosure. I was wondering if anyone has simple ideas for good drainage. The paper towels don’t work very well and can start smelling funky after a few days. i was thinking if attaching mesh a few inches from the bottom of the enclosure then having a bin or something to catch the water. i would put the mesh so feeders or the cham doesn’t fall into the run off water. If anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them!

Hey there,
I’ve had my cham for around 2 months and have just been using paper towels for the bottom of the enclosure. I was wondering if anyone has simple ideas for good drainage. The paper towels don’t work very well and can start smelling funky after a few days. i was thinking if attaching mesh a few inches from the bottom of the enclosure then having a bin or something to catch the water. i would put the mesh so feeders or the cham doesn’t fall into the run off water. If anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them!
What size cage do you have? Do you want to buy something that would work or build something?

image.jpg
it’s a 16x16x30
I would like to do something simple that i could build easily since i will be upgrading cages when he grows, and will have to build a new drainage system anyways

Well with that you could just drill holes in the bottom and set the hole thing like on a rack where you could put a bin under it. Or even a larger plastic basin. There are drain pans you can get from the hardware store too. Raise it up a bit so it is not sitting directly in the pan. When you get your final cage you could get a dragon strand drain pan as well.

Back
Top Bottom