drainage help

Ekproject

Ok so i have a screen enclosure..i believe it is 18" x 18" on the bottom. thinking of putting a draining system on the bottom. My basic idea is just to have it sit on a pan with a spout coming out the back draining into a bucket behind my dresser that it sits on. any suggestions on what i can use or what waterproof materials i can buy that is strong enough for the cage and easy to build with? open to all or any suggestions.
Thanks in advance

haha..thats exactly what i was thinking..im wondering if i an just buy some of the plastic from home depot and make it myself though. it says its made from pvc. im sure its available. if anyone knows let me know

If you bought pvc sheets and pvc glue, you could make it yourself but it probably wouldn't turn out as nice. The chameleon group here in southern california was able to give input in this drain-pan's development and I think it really is a great product and makes life a lot simpler.

yea i was thinking of doing it myself..it doesnt have to be as "nice" just has to do the job. i went to my local home depot and they didnt have any pvc sheets though. any suggestions where would have it?

Not exactly sure where you could get it local... but you could look online. I know McMaster Carr has it... but then it needs to be shipped.

You could also use Coroplast in order to make the pan.

yea i was thinking of doing it myself..it doesnt have to be as "nice" just has to do the job. i went to my local home depot and they didnt have any pvc sheets though. any suggestions where would have it?

acrylic plexi would work best for you imho. and would be quite simple to make if you are handy with tools. also, you could also shop around and see if anyone offers cutting services. if they do, have them pre-cut your dimmensions. tell them you need it 18''x18'' + your desired height, and then then sitting brackets. lol i might build myself one now

thats a good idea too. i would consider myself handy with tools..i am a mechanic afterall..lol. just cutting would be the issue. but i know most local hardware stores provide cutting services they are like 10 cents a cut or smthn like that. butg now im thinking of putting all my chameleons beside each other and putting a full drain system underneith. we will see i guess

We made a 2 inch hole, with a hole saw, through the tray in our cage as well as the stand. Attached a plastic shower drain which we secured in with silicone (water proof). We bought clean plastic tubing, which we attached to the drain using a PVC reducer. The tubes just go down into a bucket that we empty out. Cages are totally dry and it was cheap.

Back
Top Bottom