Drainage for Simba's Wood and Glass enclosure

Ummmm, we call it a "bucket"... :D

Hahaha!!! Well yeah same here.

To be honest that isn't what I was going to use originally. I was going to use a water container with a lid which are labelled 'water butt' LOL

Went with the bucket in the end tho as easier to empty :)

wow very nice...huge set up...thats what i want rite their..how much ..lol:D how much time did it take you to build this top to bottom...thanks needed the idea

Thank you :eek::D:eek:

Took a few days I think, hubby and i working on it every night after work

Wanted to make sure all properly set up before putting him in.

If you look at original post that should give an idea of how long it took :)

A few people have asked me to post how I did the drainage for Simba's enclosure, so thought I would create a thread just on that (as it's sort of half way through the original build post)

Hope it helps those of you who need it! (Feel free to ask any questions you may have)

OMGGGG thank you soooo much for this, getting a chameleon prob in a month or two. for the past week been coming up with enclosure design think i have everything decided except for a drainage system for a wood viv and still support plants and think i am now decided. the perspex can be picked up at any hardware store or what?

A few people have asked me to post how I did the drainage for Simba's enclosure, so thought I would create a thread just on that (as it's sort of half way through the original build post)

Hope it helps those of you who need it! (Feel free to ask any questions you may have) :)

OMGGGG thank you soooo much for this, getting a chameleon prob in a month or two. for the past week been coming up with enclosure design think i have everything decided except for a drainage system for a wood viv and still support plants and think i am now decided. the perspex can be picked up at any hardware store or what?

sorry for posting this twice wanted to make sure kat got some recognition:)

Brilliant design!

I've been looking all over the place for a decent & simple drainage solution, and you've got it! This is going on my list of things to add to the enclosure I'm designing for my panther :) Thanks!

Ok love it all, so did you build the cabinet too? If so, a "how to" for that would be great ... Best set up I have seen that was not screen. ;)

No I didn't build the cabinet I just attached the top enclosure to a cupboard I had in the house.

Awww thank u :)

I know this is an old post but thought I would bring it back. I'm working on my cage right now. I love the drainage. I'm showing my other half!! Can I ask what did you use for the front? My frame is built. Need help with the drainage and screen part. I was looking at the front turning the doors on this cabinet into screen but not sure how to do this just yet. The top will be all screen. The side and back walls will be the living walls. I have the plants and vines already with the plants growing pretty fast and they are not even in the cage yet. We didn't build the cabinet but bought old furniture off of craigslist and redoing it. Just got the ruff sanding done and now its time to figure the rest out.

Back
Top Bottom