drainage for 2x2x4 cage

whysoez420

does anyone know of any good easy drainage systems for a 2x2x4 cage?
i'm trying to make one that doesn't effect the height too much. I already have it on a 4 x 2 x 2.5' table. trying to work around that. any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Use the search engine and search "vanity drain". Maybe you can incorporate something like that.

I made a small stand out of PVC pipes / joints. No glue required, just a PVC cutting tool and some measuring tape.

I also bought a Washing Machine tray from homedepot which the PVC stands sits inside of. Inside the washing machine tray and under the 2x2x4 mesh cage I have a big plant saucer where water drips through holes I drilled on the cages floor.

The washing machine tray is back up incase the saucer over flows (saves me allot of stress) also when water likes to drip on the outside edges of the cage. Saves my table from rotting aswell.

To get the water out, I use a super simple manual fish tank cleaner:
http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Clea...=1371262172&sr=8-7&keywords=fish+tank+cleaner

My room ceilings are about 7' tall, so i have very limited room to work with. My cage sits ontop of a ikea table thats about 22.5" tall. PVC stand is about 6" tall, and the cage 4ft. Do the math and i'm pretty close to the ceilings haha. I think total I spent about $35-$40 bucks. I chose to use PVC because wood likes to rot :)

Pics: (pics are old so don't mind the hot glue and towel on the bottom haha)

I made a small stand out of PVC pipes / joints. No glue required, just a PVC cutting tool and some measuring tape.

I also bought a Washing Machine tray from homedepot which the PVC stands sits inside of. Inside the washing machine tray and under the 2x2x4 mesh cage I have a big plant saucer where water drips through holes I drilled on the cages floor.

The washing machine tray is back up incase the saucer over flows (saves me allot of stress) also when water likes to drip on the outside edges of the cage. Saves my table from rotting aswell.

To get the water out, I use a super simple manual fish tank cleaner:
http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Clea...=1371262172&sr=8-7&keywords=fish+tank+cleaner

My room ceilings are about 7' tall, so i have very limited room to work with. My cage sits ontop of a ikea table thats about 22.5" tall. PVC stand is about 6" tall, and the cage 4ft. Do the math and i'm pretty close to the ceilings haha. I think total I spent about $35-$40 bucks. I chose to use PVC because wood likes to rot :)

Pics: (pics are old so don't mind the hot glue and towel on the bottom haha)

I also use the trays for washers, I bought mine at Lowes. They extend about 4 inches beyond the cage, so they catch some water splatter, and you can sweep the bottom into the tray out the front door.

I also use the trays for washers, I bought mine at Lowes. They extend about 4 inches beyond the cage, so they catch some water splatter, and you can sweep the bottom into the tray out the front door.

yeah man those trays are life savers haha. They also come with plugs so you can add your own drainage to a drainage system ;)

Back
Top Bottom