Drain pans for screen cages.

WOW.Pricey but look great.By chance can you let us in on exactley where you got the drain pans at so we could get some like it.Thanks.

They are pricey but they are handmade from high quality materials and they function.
The water drains away leaving no puddles, the best part is they slide out for cleaning.
It's so much faster because you can hose them off outside, much better than smearing poop around with a papertowel disturbing the animals.
The material the pans are made of are not as porous as the white PVC bottoms that get stained from the poop.

I like your idea of making the frame out of oak.I was just wondering were someone like me could get the pan.I can build the frame myself.Would just need to get a hold of the pan.
They are pricey but they are handmade from high quality materials and they function.
The water drains away leaving no puddles, the best part is they slide out for cleaning.
It's so much faster because you can hose them off outside, much better than smearing poop around with a papertowel disturbing the animals.
The material the pans are made of are not as porous as the white PVC bottoms that get stained from the poop.

just an fyi... I found a place online that sells some quality drainage pans that come in a variety of sizes. the 24x24 is $20 plus shipping for the plastic alone.

the aluminum would also be time consuming and Id assume the materials to build the frame arent cheap either. so purchasing one from the OP wouldnt be a bad idea if you arent handy.

I know for sure I;m tired of having water all over my floor... this idea is amazing for the ability to remove for cleaning

I picked up a full size baking sheet at the local resturaunt store in my town. I built a lift and slid it under my 18 by 18 cage and drilled two holes in the bottom of the cage where the water drains. I will try and get pics posted this week.

The new cage I am building will have a drain built into the floor pan with a drain pipe to a bucket. Then I dont have to move the pan or prop up the cage. I will be documenting my build as I go. Watch for the thread to go up this weekend. Still collecting all the materials.

K9Monkey

i use large laundry wash tubs,the kind with legs that you would put between a washer and dryer,it has the drain spout and i have rubbermaid tubs sitting under the wash tubs drain to collect the water..it works like a charm and the wash tubs are only $30 at canadian tire..i had to cut 4 inches off the legs cause my cages would be too tall sitting on top of the tubs not allowing room for my lights or drippers..(i have wooden lath running across the tubs and the cage on top of those as my cages are a bit bigger in diameter than the tubs and also so my plant stands can sit on the lath)

Back
Top Bottom