Drain pan

I do not want to drill holes in anything so I was curious how much water a drainage pan on the 24x24x48 reptibreeze will hold if I mist a few times a day.

Depends on how long your misting for and the type of drainage pan. I wet vac my pans. I do this every other day. If your using a dragon strand pan then it holds quite a bit. But I would caution you on not emptying water frequently. It gets nasty in the pan if it just sits there.

Attachments

• 900A6CEB-42A6-4582-A38E-467D717A3F8C.jpeg
    900A6CEB-42A6-4582-A38E-467D717A3F8C.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 46
  • FF5DA852-F608-4146-B37D-77153E023709.jpeg
    FF5DA852-F608-4146-B37D-77153E023709.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 44
So that'll be inside of the cage. Ideally, it should be under the cage, but you can make it work. I suggest filling it with egg crate (the plastic stuff used as a lighting diffuser), then covering it with something that drains but keeps the water completely separated from where the chameleon can get to it. If it holds the water while you're at work depends on the amount of times misted and the length of each misting.

This is the enclosure it will be up on a cabinet when I finish setting it up. The pan goes on the bottom with a door to remove it.

Attachments

• ADD07CCA-740B-4999-8894-72568EB69625.jpeg
    ADD07CCA-740B-4999-8894-72568EB69625.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 56
Yeah your going to get overspray... Unless you have your misting heads pointed perfectly. And the problem with having the pan inside like that is that if the chameleon goes down to the bottom they are going to be walking through water. Clay pots for your plants that sit on the bottom can help with this they absorb some of the water but the plant has to be water tolerant. Or egg crate with a corner cut out so you can still wet vac it.

It looks to be about an inch deep. 30 seconds is not long enough for a chameleon though. You want at least 2 minutes per session.

I was running 3 sessions 2-4 minutes each with a pan that was about an inch deep and it still did not over flow. That was with a mistking. Your best bet is to do a test run when you are home.

Yeah your going to get overspray... Unless you have your misting heads pointed perfectly. And the problem with having the pan inside like that is that if the chameleon goes down to the bottom they are going to be walking through water. Clay pots for your plants that sit on the bottom can help with this they absorb some of the water but the plant has to be water tolerant. Or egg crate with a corner cut out so you can still wet vac it.

It looks to be about an inch deep. 30 seconds is not long enough for a chameleon though. You want at least 2 minutes per session.

I was running 3 sessions 2-4 minutes each with a pan that was about an inch deep and it still did not over flow. That was with a mistking. Your best bet is to do a test run when you are home.
Ok thank you

Cool thank u. Also I bought some of that diffusing grate stuff. Can I use that permeable black stuff that is use in gardens to cover the grate?

Back
Top Bottom