Dragonstrand drip tray

JuniorC

Avid Member
I saw the newer hybrid cages come with a drip tray. I saw it has some kind of panel floor but does the bottom pull out to throw out the water or how does it work? Might be a stupid question but before I spend $300-$400 I would like to better understand

I saw the newer hybrid cages come with a drip tray. I saw it has some kind of panel floor but does the bottom pull out to throw out the water or how does it work? Might be a stupid question but before I spend $300-$400 I would like to better understand

I don’t have a dragon strand but believe you have to either syphon off the water or put a hole in the bottom so it can drain into a bucket or something.

I like the idea but I think it is made wrong. It should be a slide out drawer just inside the cage with a floor panel just above it. Like how bird cages work. But that would be harder to engineer into a screen cage.

I don’t have a dragon strand but believe you have to either syphon off the water or put a hole in the bottom so it can drain into a bucket or something.

I like the idea but I think it is made wrong. It should be a slide out drawer just inside the cage with a floor panel just above it. Like how bird cages work. But that would be harder to engineer into a screen cage.
Oh ok gotcha. Thank you

Yeah you are either doing a gravity drain of some sort... If you do this I recommend putting shims in below one side of the drain pan so the water flows that direction. Or your getting a wet vac and pulling the water out a few times a week. This is what I am doing. Eventually I would like to build stands for the cages that have a slight angle for the water to flow one way and have a hole in the bottom for it to flow out.

My gravity drains were not large enough so they would stop flowing. I got tired of messing with it and sealed them off and went back to a wet vac.

All his complete kits come with the easy drip tray. The screen lays on top inside the frame so this can be pulled in and out or lifted up to get to the actual drip tray.

Yeah you are either doing a gravity drain of some sort... If you do this I recommend putting shims in below one side of the drain pan so the water flows that direction. Or your getting a wet vac and pulling the water out a few times a week. This is what I am doing. Eventually I would like to build stands for the cages that have a slight angle for the water to flow one way and have a hole in the bottom for it to flow out.

My gravity drains were not large enough so they would stop flowing. I got tired of messing with it and sealed them off and went back to a wet vac.

All his complete kits come with the easy drip tray. The screen lays on top inside the frame so this can be pulled in and out or lifted up to get to the actual drip tray.
Oh ok gotcha. I was hoping it would eliminate the water draining part lol but if I end up getting it I'll probably do some type of gravity drain then🤷🏾‍♂️

Oh ok gotcha. I was hoping it would eliminate the water draining part lol but if I end up getting it I'll probably do some type of gravity drain then🤷🏾‍♂️
Found a guy selling the full hybrid cage with a jungle dawn led bar and pro t5 for a fair price all brand new so really itching to get it! Just gotta convince my wife I need it(even tho I'm not getting a new panther until later this year lol)

Found a guy selling the full hybrid cage with a jungle dawn led bar and pro t5 for a fair price all brand new so really itching to get it! Just gotta convince my wife I need it(even tho I'm not getting a new panther until later this year lol)
Is it the hybrid with the solid sides and acrylic door? His first run or two he made them with a screen door.

You would just want to clean it really well before putting in a new baby.

I love the cages. They are far superior then others IMO.

Is it the hybrid with the solid sides and acrylic door? His first run or two he made them with a screen door.

You would just want to clean it really well before putting in a new baby.

I love the cages. They are far superior then others IMO.
Yes the hybrid with solid sides and dragon ledges. He never used it so it's all new in the box lucky me! Same with the lights still in the box

Yes the hybrid with solid sides and dragon ledges. He never used it so it's all new in the box lucky me! Same with the lights still in the box
Very cool. Well depending on the price you should grab that up. They are fantastic enclosures and if it is brand new then that is a lucky find.

Which style of drainage try is it? Some are designed/built with dams, effectively blocking water from draining completely. Fixing this usually involves drilling holes through the supports as well as a side or the bottom.

Which style of drainage try is it? Some are designed/built with dams, effectively blocking water from draining completely. Fixing this usually involves drilling holes through the supports as well as a side or the bottom.
It is not the one you have. This is the hard plastic one he has built in bulk. Not the PVC ones that come with the atriums.

This one? It's one of the worst.
1615838838086.png

You can't put a drain in the center of the bottom, and you can't put one in any of the side walls—water gets trapped between the raised areas. You'd have to put at least 3 drains along one side.

Back
Top Bottom