Dragon strand

I will...these are clear side large cages that will sit side by side. Once I have them set up 100% I will post pics!
I have the clearside large atrium. It wonderful. I cant say enough good things about Bill either. He is super helpful and even replaced pieces of my atrium for free bc the pegs were breaking(company switched plastics and didnt tell Bill. He has since switched suppliers)

I have the clearside large atrium. It wonderful. I cant say enough good things about Bill either. He is super helpful and even replaced pieces of my atrium for free bc the pegs were breaking(company switched plastics and didnt tell Bill. He has since switched suppliers)

Bill is great! I originally ordered the large clearside atrium for my (then) 1 panther...then I ended up with a 2nd panther thanks to @Matt Vanilla Gorilla. Bill helped me change my order from the 1 atrium to 2 clearside larges & I'm getting them earlier than expected! He's been extremely patient with my questions & decision making processes. I'm in LOVE with the dragon ledges! LOVE his products & cannot wait to get my clearsides put together & decked out!

Bill is fantastic - I just got my 3rd cage from him! A tip for you - when you start to decorate them, lay everything out, and if you are going to use live plants, use a 2 pot system. Plant your plants in 1 pot (and only use 6" or larger pots, and build slider pots into the cage itself. This way you can easily move plants in and out of your cage if you have a problem. On my 2nd cage I used primarily 4" pots and they just aren't big enough. Now that that chameleon has passed away we are going to rip out the pots that we plumbed in with the great stuff and replace them with 6" plants which will provide better cage coverage. Enjoy!

I have 2 screen cages now that I've been using as temp cages. 1 is a cheap one & it shows! That will go in the trash. I did what many do - plants on the ground, some on the sides using a frame. The 2nd is a DS screen cage that will become an outside cage during nice weather. LOVE the dragon ledges & used some of the ikea plastic hanging containers (drilled holes) as well as some 4" puts to do the 2 pot system. Definitely going to use 6" pots for some of the larger plants. Love the 2 pot system!!! Going to try some pond foam to cover up the zip ties and make it a little prettier - but not do the entire background in it.

Bill is fantastic! I am from Canada, and had bought the xl drainage tray. It arrived damaged, I sent him pics and no questions asked he shipped out another one as soon as possible. Due to the amazing customer service I am now planning on ordering a clear side enclosure from him in the future, regardless of the shipping costs.

Did you get shipping updates regarding the current December builds?
I am waiting on a lg clear side
From his December newsletter:
December shipping
Large Atrium Breeder Style – All orders shipped
Nursery Cage Systems- Orders below 6398 have shipped
Large Clearside Atriums – All orders shipped
Large Screen Atriums - All orders shipped.

Large Clearside Enclosures – Order numbers under 6400 will ship next week
Medium Screen/Clearside Atriums - This build will start in December. It may ship in early January
Medium Tall Breeder Cages - This build will start in December. It may ship in early January

January shipping
Compact Cage Systems – Orders between 6300 and 6400
Large Clearside Enclosure – Orders 6400 and above
Large Keeper Kits
X-Large Breeder Cages

They are slightly ahead of schedule with the lg clearsides. I was not expecting mine until January!

It's going to be a little while before I can get it set up the way I want! I am in the process of building a bunch of Ikea furniture (almost done), but start back to school on Monday...will work on those cages as I have time. These are the final cages so I want them perfect!

Very excited for you! I am sure they will be absolutely beautiful!
Thanks - that's very sweet of you to say! I'm going to try my hand with the black pond foam, only to hide zip ties. I have some updated lighting & have amassed quite a few nice plants between the 2 temp cages that will be transferred to the permanent ones. Lots of bromeliads, prayer plants, pothos, goldfish plants, etc. I've also learned more about where the best placement for misting heads are too!

The Atrium cage gives the chameleon more lateral room to move in. Much better than a 2-foot wide cage. Bills cages are way above others in fit and quality of materials.

CHEERS!

Nick

The Atrium cage gives the chameleon more lateral room to move in. Much better than a 2-foot wide cage. Bills cages are way above others in fit and quality of materials.

CHEERS!

Nick
I understand they are wider, but with no room to put 2, I had to compromise on getting 2 large clearsides. One day I will have room & be able to upgrade them to 2 atriums - that is the ultimate goal. For now they will be quite happy in their decked out lg clearsides. All of Bill's cages are miles above the usual.

Thanks - that's very sweet of you to say! I'm going to try my hand with the black pond foam, only to hide zip ties. I have some updated lighting & have amassed quite a few nice plants between the 2 temp cages that will be transferred to the permanent ones. Lots of bromeliads, prayer plants, pothos, goldfish plants, etc. I've also learned more about where the best placement for misting heads are too!
I am envious of your plants you get to use lol. My Veiled eats all his so I am totally restricted to the specific ones. I did find a beautiful pothos for his new enclosure that has 9 vines that are all about 4-5 feet long. I would like to try the pond foam but really do not have an outdoor place to do it in my current townhouse. I saw that you had gotten some hanging containers from Ikea. I found some of these as well that I am going to drill holes in the bottom of. I am not sure if they will fit in between the ledges yet though. Do you know what the dimensions are for two spaces on the ledge are? I am still trying to find a good mist schedule for a Veiled. I got the mist king with 1 head that I think I am going to angle from the front corner to the opposite back corner. Still figuring that one out. I also just ordered a solarmeter to check the uvb from the quad lighting to be sure that my levels were perfect for him. It will be here next Tuesday so that will be fun to play with. :)

Back
Top Bottom