Dragon Strand

These cages are fantastic. I've been raising baby lateralis in them with great success. I'll have to post photos of mine :)

Thank you for supporting the forums! Looks like you guys have some awesome products for us! I love the rack ready cages and lay bins especially. Welcome :)

Welcome Bill, I have tried to get good baby pictures of my babies in your wonderful baby cages. Sadly my pictures are not very clear. I will try to do better. Your cages are fabulous!!!!!

Cages look great. Love the drainage trays. I just put 2 cages and 2 trays in the cart and calculated shipping at $120. Is USPS the only way these can be shipped. That's prohibitive. I would think UPS or Fedex would be cheaper.

Welcome Bill, I have tried to get good baby pictures of my babies in your wonderful baby cages. Sadly my pictures are not very clear. I will try to do better. Your cages are fabulous!!!!!

Well thanks for sharing Laurie!!! :( I wish a friend would have told me about this site BEFORE I built my 16 cage rack. :rolleyes: The baby cages are VERY COOL. Looks like a new rack with 24 of those is next,and possibly the egg laying bins as well. :D

Cages look great. Love the drainage trays. I just put 2 cages and 2 trays in the cart and calculated shipping at $120. Is USPS the only way these can be shipped. That's prohibitive. I would think UPS or Fedex would be cheaper.

Pm me and I can bundle the order to get better shipping.

Thank you for supporting the forums! Looks like you guys have some awesome products for us! I love the rack ready cages and lay bins especially. Welcome :)

Thank you for the welcome! Of course, she is welcoming me only as an upgrade to being a sponsor. I have made a virtual home on these forums for years and it is because of the great community here that I made this the first place to support once I made the business "real".

A little background: I have been working with different caging for chameleons for the last three decades. I started with a bird cage because there were no screen cages at that time. And it was a huge deal when we (the general chameleon community) figured that one out! Since then I have been experimenting with every form from small to two-stories to free range; from the least expensive to pretty pricey.

Fast forward to today, I have learned that the best caging system will consist of three things.
1) Will allow for the needs of the chameleon
2) Will be convenient to maintain
3) Will look good

The first is obvious. The chameleon's basic needs of food, light, water, temperature, humidity, and security must be met. The enclosure must facilitate meeting these needs.

The second is important because a clean environment is critical to the health of our chameleons. If it takes too much time to clean then it becomes harder to bring ourselves to do it. Chameleon keeping is a step above most other reptile keeping so if you are successful with it it is because you have developed a self-discipline to sustain, long term, a certain level of maintenance. The easier it is, though, the fewer excuses for procrastination make it to the surface.

The third is critical for us. We need something that is attractive to keep our attention. The chameleon is actually only a piece of the whole picture. The better it looks, the more engaged we will be. The more engaged we are, the better the care we give. This is a fact and the human part of chameleon keeping that is not given much attention, but is vitally important. Remember, this hobby is for you too! Don't ignore that.

The cages I designed meet these needs and I'd like to share them!

I look forward to continuing to support the forums as both a sponsor and a member!

Thank you!
Bill

I absolutely love the product I am seeing. I may need to get myself a nursery rack next year when I start breeding Jackson's.

Well I just made my first order and found the website to be very easy to use and professional. I'm looking forward to getting my new cages. I also had the pleasure of speaking with Bill and found him to be extremely knowledgeable about EVERYTHING to do with chameleons and cages. My plan is to set up two racks of his nursery cages. That's 12 units with 48 separate cages in total.
I will post Picts of the cage when I get it done. I must say I'm very impressed with this interaction so far!!!
Thanks Bill
Steve

Thank you and welcome! I do love the draining system/substrate trays and I will definetly be purchasing one the next time I am in need! I may even just upgrade for the heck of it!!!

I've seen these cages and systems in person and can attest to their quality. They look great and the design is really well thought out. Thanks Bill for becoming a sponsor of one of my favorite sites on the web!

Just placed order for a number of cages including that fancy nursery cage!!

Look forward to getting them in and will provide a pictorial of them set up!!

Thanks Bill!!

Back
Top Bottom