Dragon Strand Question.

Anyone happen to have a side by side photo of the medium and large clearside atriums?
Ok so I spent a lot of time looking at both. I am guessing you mean the medium tall right?
Medium Tall Atrium (30″W x 23″D x 48″H)
Large Atrium (45″W x 22″D x 44″H)

Basically it is your width you gain. Your looking at an additional 15 inches. Sounds stupid but I taped off an area to see what I would be working with. If I could go back and do it again I would have done the Large. Just because I find Beman uses every inch of the medium tall. I honestly could not imagine him being in the standard 2x2x4 cage. I think he would hate it. So I think if you have the money go with the Large. It is a better investment in the end. If you are money conscious then go with the medium tall over the standard 2x2x4.

I love the large, and if space was not an issue they would all be in the large clearsides. The large looks great and gives you lots of room to get creative with plants and branches. All three boys will be in a large and I'm putting the girls in the medium tall atrium, as they are a little smaller and less mobile than the boys are... and I just don't have the room. So if the look is the only deciding factor I'd go with the large, for sure!

Ok so I spent a lot of time looking at both. I am guessing you mean the medium tall right?

Basically it is your width you gain. Your looking at an additional 15 inches. Sounds stupid but I taped off an area to see what I would be working with. If I could go back and do it again I would have done the Large. Just because I find Beman uses every inch of the medium tall. I honestly could not imagine him being in the standard 2x2x4 cage. I think he would hate it. So I think if you have the money go with the Large. It is a better investment in the end. If you are money conscious then go with the medium tall over the standard 2x2x4.
The enclosure I made is modelled after the large atrium and I absolutely love it. Every time I walk in to Pestos room it just makes me happy to see

Spot on. We actually have the large atrium right now, but were in the process of purchasing a house, and are trying to decide if hed be fine downsizing if we couldnt fit the large atrium anywhere logical. This answers the question, kobas keeping the large atrium.

I love the large, and if space was not an issue they would all be in the large clearsides. The large looks great and gives you lots of room to get creative with plants and branches. All three boys will be in a large and I'm putting the girls in the medium tall atrium, as they are a little smaller and less mobile than the boys are... and I just don't have the room. So if the look is the only deciding factor I'd go with the large, for sure!

Perfect, you guys made my decision easier lol.

It's not a pic of both those sizes, but here's a pic of a standard 2'x2'x4' screen next to a Large Clearside Dragon Strand. I was in the middle of changing it over, which is why both look sad and one has no plants. I have 3 Large Clearsides and would never go smaller!

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 104
Hello!

If we just go by space, the Large Atrium is the way to go under the “bigger is better” mantra. It is true and I would love the Large Atrium to be the standard instead of the typical 2x2x4 cage. When you have all that space to create multiple microclimates it is not only better for your chameleon, but it is a lot of fun.

I created the Medium Tall Atrium because I was frustrated at the 2x2x4. It has proven effective to raise up chameleons through adulthood so I can’t argue with success, but it is surprising what extending the cage out to 30” does. That is a complete body length for most of our commonly kept chameleons and the change between 24 and 30 inches is much more dramatic than from 30 to 36! But 30” wide is where I, personally, start to feel more than comfortable for my panthers and veileds to live.

Here is a graphic showing the cages side by side. I suspect you already saw this on the website, but I do not have them set-up side by side right now. I have taken down my Large Atrium and am in the process of redoing it. I’ll be sure to share when I am done, though!

Hello!

If we just go by space, the Large Atrium is the way to go under the “bigger is better” mantra. It is true and I would love the Large Atrium to be the standard instead of the typical 2x2x4 cage. When you have all that space to create multiple microclimates it is not only better for your chameleon, but it is a lot of fun.

I created the Medium Tall Atrium because I was frustrated at the 2x2x4. It has proven effective to raise up chameleons through adulthood so I can’t argue with success, but it is surprising what extending the cage out to 30” does. That is a complete body length for most of our commonly kept chameleons and the change between 24 and 30 inches is much more dramatic than from 30 to 36! But 30” wide is where I, personally, start to feel more than comfortable for my panthers and veileds to live.

Here is a graphic showing the cages side by side. I suspect you already saw this on the website, but I do not have them set-up side by side right now. I have taken down my Large Atrium and am in the process of redoing it. I’ll be sure to share when I am done, though!

View attachment 245846

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Bill! Appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom