Dragon Ledges

So your going to need to watch him closely with that basking fixture on the screen. If he is screen climbing this is an extreme risk. I would add some branch right in front of that feeder run as well. I am not seeing an easy way for him to perch and shoot at feeders. He is very small so making sure he has easy access is important.

The enclosure looks good. I would take those vines from the pothos and weave them through the top basking then dropping down more toward the front this will give him areas he can go between the levels. As he gets bigger you will need to rework the enclosure adding larger branches and vertical bracing branches to the dragon ledges. You want many diameter branches for them so they can grip different sizes. :)
I feel like whenever I take one step forward I take two steps back hahaha
I appreciate your feedback tho. I will make the adjustments later today or tomorrow

There’s not really a way for me to suspend the basking lamp which sucks but I haven’t seen him screen climb lately at all. I really do think he was just scared since I was all up in his business zip tying the pothos ?. I’ll try to think of ideas on how to suspend a bit cause I did want to add another lamp when I add my hibiscus back. This is the light I got that people seem to like on the forum. LED Pool Light Bulb 120V 45W 6500K Daylight White Pool Lights Replaces 200W-600W Bulbs,E26 Base Swimming Pool Bulbs, for Underground Swimming Pools,Pet Box Bulbs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7L31K8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cEiHFbTFFRW5H

the feeder can be easily moved for now and I’ll pick up some new branches from outside maybe (clean with dawn soap and fully dried before of course)

I feel like whenever I take one step forward I take two steps back hahaha
I appreciate your feedback tho. I will make the adjustments later today or tomorrow

There’s not really a way for me to suspend the basking lamp which sucks but I haven’t seen him screen climb lately at all. I really do think he was just scared since I was all up in his business zip tying the pothos ?. I’ll try to think of ideas on how to suspend a bit cause I did want to add another lamp when I add my hibiscus back. This is the light I got that people seem to like on the forum. LED Pool Light Bulb 120V 45W 6500K Daylight White Pool Lights Replaces 200W-600W Bulbs,E26 Base Swimming Pool Bulbs, for Underground Swimming Pools,Pet Box Bulbs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7L31K8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cEiHFbTFFRW5H

the feeder can be easily moved for now and I’ll pick up some new branches from outside maybe (clean with dawn soap and fully dried before of course)
LOL there is a learning curve for sure. And we have ALL been there trust me. I was a major disaster my first 6 months lol.

You can get these and attach them to the frame by drilling holes in the mounting plate and using 1/4 inch screws. https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-lam...MI5rDPzsGv7AIVlo7ICh3GgQYOEAQYASABEgJ-M_D_BwE

I really do not know much on LED lighting. I do not utilize it. Post a thread specific to it and you will get feedback from members that use it. :)

Make sure your basking temps are no hotter then 80.

Here is mine.

basking hooked in2.JPG basking hooked in3.JPG

LOL there is a learning curve for sure. And we have ALL been there trust me. I was a major disaster my first 6 months lol.

You can get these and attach them to the frame by drilling holes in the mounting plate and using 1/4 inch screws. https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-lamp-holder-bracket/dp/131408?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Exo Terra&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rDPzsGv7AIVlo7ICh3GgQYOEAQYASABEgJ-M_D_BwE

I really do not know much on LED lighting. I do not utilize it. Post a thread specific to it and you will get feedback from members that use it. :)

Make sure your basking temps are no hotter then 80.

Here is mine.

View attachment 279724 View attachment 279725
He just hit 3 months, is no more than 85 for the basking temp ok?
And thanks!!! I have the clamp but no where to clamp it so this is a good way to mount!!

He just hit 3 months, is no more than 85 for the basking temp ok?
And thanks!!! I have the clamp but no where to clamp it so this is a good way to mount!!
I prefer to follow lower temps. I keep my boys no hotter then 81 at the basking site. higher temps can reduce life span.

Back
Top Bottom