Dragging/not using tail-please help

I woke up this morning and he was in the exact same position I left him in last night.... I touched him and he did not respond, I nudged him and still no response... I ugly cried all morning as I got dressed for work... my plan was to take him to work with me in container he’d be living in and watch him in my office give him food and meds once he woke up.... but this morning knew he had died.... ? So I put a new heating pack in with him and went to work. My daughter texted me in the afternoon with a pic that he opened his eyes. I got some hope back thinking he was coming around and I was wrong.... I left work early got home to find that after a few hours he still hadn’t moved. Eyes open, lifeless.... so ugly crying again... I am keeping him until tomorrow afternoon and then I will bury him in my garden.... He was my first Cham and I don’t think I will be getting another... I’m cleaning out his cage on Saturday and packing it up... going to clean his large plant repot it and keep it because it was his home for a good three years of his life... I am super heartbroken.... This group was definitely helpful to me throughout his life so thank you to all who have offered me feedback which99.9 percent of the time was judgment free! Definitely a great resource!

I woke up this morning and he was in the exact same position I left him in last night.... I touched him and he did not respond, I nudged him and still no response... I ugly cried all morning as I got dressed for work... my plan was to take him to work with me in container he’d be living in and watch him in my office give him food and meds once he woke up.... but this morning knew he had died.... ? So I put a new heating pack in with him and went to work. My daughter texted me in the afternoon with a pic that he opened his eyes. I got some hope back thinking he was coming around and I was wrong.... I left work early got home to find that after a few hours he still hadn’t moved. Eyes open, lifeless.... so ugly crying again... I am keeping him until tomorrow afternoon and then I will bury him in my garden.... He was my first Cham and I don’t think I will be getting another... I’m cleaning out his cage on Saturday and packing it up... going to clean his large plant repot it and keep it because it was his home for a good three years of his life... I am super heartbroken.... This group was definitely helpful to me throughout his life so thank you to all who have offered me feedback which99.9 percent of the time was judgment free! Definitely a great resource!
So very sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Keep him in your heart.

IMHO the vet should have made sure he had fully recovered from the anesthesia before he was sent home with you. I've never had a vet send a chameleon home with me that hasn't come out of the anesthesia enough that it wasn't able to stand up in all my years of keeping chameleons.

Hugs

So sorry for your loss. Keep him in your heart.

IMHO the vet should have made sure he had fully recovered from the anesthesia before he was sent home with you. I've never had a vet send a chameleon home with me that hasn't come out of the anesthesia enough that it wasn't able to stand up in all my years of keeping chameleons.

Hugs
I am fairly certain he passed on the car ride home... When they brought him out to me he was totally knocked out but would move a little with the bumps in the road (even though I tried to avoid every one).... he hisses and opened his mouth a couple times but by time we got home he didn’t move a muscle... obviously with the anesthesia I figured he was just passed out. Would like to think that he passed comfortably in his sleep... idk. I do think the vet is great, this is my first go around of course so not too sure how things might have worked out differently but glad I got 5 1/2 years..

I’m so sorry for your loss, at least you know you did everything you could have done and gave him the life he deserved. 5 1/2 is a good age, I wish I’d had that long with mine, I really feel for you though. RIP little buddy and my thoughts are with you ❤️❤️

Soooo.... I went into the Petco where I bought my Rico from 5 years ago... debating on buying another Cham. I know I lucked out with Rico being so healthy as a Petco bought Cham... wondering if anyone has breeders they would recommend... thinking about a male Jackson’s. Still not100% sure about opening my heart to another Cham but just exploring the possibilities.... aside from losing my pet, I also feel like I have lost my hobby.... I spent so much time caring for him that my days seem oddly longer and like I am missing a chunk of normalcy... Thanks!

Soooo.... I went into the Petco where I bought my Rico from 5 years ago... debating on buying another Cham. I know I lucked out with Rico being so healthy as a Petco bought Cham... wondering if anyone has breeders they would recommend... thinking about a male Jackson’s. Still not100% sure about opening my heart to another Cham but just exploring the possibilities.... aside from losing my pet, I also feel like I have lost my hobby.... I spent so much time caring for him that my days seem oddly longer and like I am missing a chunk of normalcy... Thanks!
Jacksons are pretty specific with their night time temp drops and humidity. But reaching out to @JacksJill if your in the US would be a great breeder and person to learn more from. I know she has babies but I am not sure when they will be ready for homes.

additionally here is some basic info to learn more. https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/

Thank you! I am definitely still weighing the decision. I cleaned out Rico’s cage and repotted his plant... it just seems so empty now... It was a great home to him and I feel like sharing it with another Cham might be nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 100
@JacksJill I am in Massachusetts and it is starting to get cold here. How does it work with shipping? I think it would be risky right? What is the price range? At what age do you sell? So many questions! Lol

I have 2 males related to Sheego I was holding back but am now releasing. See link sheego-in-all-his-beauty.178200/ and a couple of his sisters.
Fachion's babies won't be ready for new homes until January. See link trident-and-falchion-babes-jacksonii-jacksonii.178088/
Shipping does have to be timed around the weather in your area. I only ship hub to hub to minimize the risk. You have to go to the hub to pick up so they are never in a cold or hot van driving around town. The boxes are insulated and I can use hot or cold packs as needed. If it's risky we wait for better weather.
Jackson's do tolerate lower temperatures well so it gives us a bigger window.

I have 2 males related to Sheego I was holding back but am now releasing. See link sheego-in-all-his-beauty.178200/ and a couple of his sisters.
Fachion's babies won't be ready for new homes until January. See link trident-and-falchion-babes-jacksonii-jacksonii.178088/
Shipping does have to be timed around the weather in your area. I only ship hub to hub to minimize the risk. You have to go to the hub to pick up so they are never in a cold or hot van driving around town. The boxes are insulated and I can use hot or cold packs as needed. If it's risky we wait for better weather.
Jackson's do tolerate lower temperatures well so it gives us a bigger window.
Thank you for the information ! He is so cute!!! Omg!! What does hub to hub mean? I am getting very very interested! January would definitely be freezing here! I am super interstates in the Sheegos babies. I have never purchased through a breeder as Rico was my first... I think I would need to be walked through the process lol

That is Fedex hub, its a specific type of office they have, that accepts and will hold live animal shipments. That way they stay in a controlled environment.
PM me and I'll walk you thru it and send you their pictures.

I don’t know how to pm in this group ? can you start the convo or tell me how? ? I am clueless apparently! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom