Done laying eggs?

How do I know when she is done? I know you are supposed top wait until she is out of the hole and the hole is covered but how do I make sure? This is a little complicated but I am going to try and type it the best i can. I had to leave out of town for a few days and in the proses of doing so I had to put Ashes "Veiled Chameleon" In her laying bin. She was in there for maybe a day less then 24 hours. Well My brother and his girlfriend was watching her for me. I told them not to touch her unless I say so. Well they called me and told me they took her out :mad: They said she was still in the hole facing out like as if she was covering the hole or still laying! Anyways. They said they took her out because she was covered in dirt and couldn't open her eyes, They cleaned her off then put her back in. Then I guess she was just sitting there so they put her in her cage. Well this was about 5 days ago maybe. Yesterday I go to check on her see how she is doing and she is at the bottom of her cage trying to dig. I look closer and I see 4 eggs at the bottom of her cage. :eek: So I hurried up and put her in her bin she was digging for a while She was digging a lot. She has been in there for almost 24 hours and now she is dong the same thing my brother said she did before. She is facing out of the hole but still in there and she is covered in dirt her eyes are closed and she is just sitting/laying there? When I put my hand in there to take the picture she didn't even move. Should I do anything? :confused: :( :confused:

Attachments

• cham,,.jpg
    cham,,.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 95
  • cham,,,.jpg
    cham,,,.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
Leave her along and don't allow her to see you looking or she could abandon her hole and become egg bound. :(

From my blog:

While digging the hole they will be head first in the hole. Once they get the hole to their liking they will turn around and lay the eggs. Usually this doesn’t take nearly as long as digging the hole. Again, very important, DO NOT let your female see you looking. She needs complete privacy to lay these eggs. Once she’s finished laying the eggs she will start covering up the hole and then pat the sand down and return to the branch.

I try and sneek. Does she look done? She has been like this for awhile now. All the holes are covered. :)

Attachments

• 20140608_203315.jpg
    20140608_203315.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20140608_203321.jpg
    20140608_203321.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 104
She looks thin. I'd say she is done. My girls are pretty tired when finished and need plenty of water and food. First I give her a really long misting to get all the sand off her and she takes several long drinks. Then I give her several feeders (silkworms are excellent at this time) heavily dusted in calcium with no D3. I would highly recommend buying some liquid calcium and keep it on hand for your female

She looks thin. I'd say she is done. My girls are pretty tired when finished and need plenty of water and food. First I give her a really long misting to get all the sand off her and she takes several long drinks. Then I give her several feeders (silkworms are excellent at this time) heavily dusted in calcium with no D3. I would highly recommend buying some liquid calcium and keep it on hand for your female

i have a question.. why silkworm? i am guessing because it is juicy? how about superworms to fatten her up? :D

i have a question.. why silkworm? i am guessing because it is juicy? how about superworms to fatten her up? :D

Silkworms because they are high in calcium and help hydrate. IMO silks are one of the best worm feeders out there. I don't use many supers, they are near the bottom of my list as good feeders. I do always have them because they are easy to keep but only use them maybe once or twice a week.

How is she doing now? Fascinating isn't it? Must have been a real stressful time for both of you.

Hi everyone. Sorry it took long to get back have been super busy. So she seems to be off. She just see,s top be laying around and not doing much I see her drinking water and she eats I have been giving her more then normal but she seems to stay skinny. Also when she walks she wobbles/shakes. Any ideas? :confused:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg