Dollar store foliage?

Tyaeda

Established Member
Pet shop foliage ranges from 5 - 15 dollars a piece depending on the size and what it is. For a canopy I bought a series of dollar store foliage that is sitting on top of the enclosure for privacy. I thought it would look way cooler if I put it inside the cage, but I've been scared to do so. I worked in a plastic plant before, so I know that coolants and lubricants are used in the plastic molds, and I don't want him to get exposed to that. Does anyone here use dollar store foliage inside their enclosures? If so, what did you do to clean it?

I do.

I simply filled a bucket with diluted soap and water, and let the vines sit in the water for 30 minutes, then rinsed them off, and let them air dry.

Dollar store foliage is pretty cheap. In quality, it lasts only a few months. The hot glued leaves fall apart. I find it more cost effective to use live plants.

I have a big schefflera in there, which fills out the middle of the cage, but it still seems a little bare around the sides. Each corner has petstore vines and leaves, too, but that still doesn't seem like enough. I'm gonna post a pic of what I have now. Maybe you can give some critiques?

I don't have much input on the dollar store plants (although I was also thinking of them for filler). But I just wanted to say that I love your enclosure, it is just wonderful!

I don't have much input on the dollar store plants (although I was also thinking of them for filler). But I just wanted to say that I love your enclosure, it is just wonderful!

Thank you! It's my first go at it, so I'm still trying to make sure everything is good.

Back
Top Bottom